Join now - be part of our community!

igdpmd64.sys blue screen

profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

igdpmd64.sys blue screen

Just recently (few weeks) I've been having blue screen crashes pertaining to igdpmd64.sys, and only when using Internet Explorer. In fact IE seems unusable, no problems with Firefox or other applications.

My VAIO is VPCCB4C5E, Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit 7.1.13.1008, BIOS R2110V2.

Solution?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

OK, I've done those things. Give me a couple of days, I'll let you know.

Thanks!

regards, Barry

profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

Yep, seems to work, no blue screen crash so far.

I must say I hadn't noticed the screen being jerky, any sluggishness I perhaps accepted.

What does in now mean, if Catalyst Control Centre's switchable graphics is in manual mode? Will it prompt me if a 'manual switch' is required?
What does it mean if that PowerPlay box is unchecked; Vaio Care battery care still seems to be active, are they mutually exclusive?

regards, Barry

profile.country.de_AT.title
mystakidis
Visitor

From what I understand, what we've done just stops the Catalyst Control Centre from being in control of when it's time to switch the better graphics on. There is an option for manual switch, but I haven't tried using it.

If you find that battery life becomes an issue, you may want to set the graphics options to low performance and see how you go.

It's possible that the jerkiness was not related - that was just my feeling.

Perhaps an update for Catalyst Control Centre will solve this problem more permanently in the future.

All the best.

Paul

profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

OK, thanks. No blue screen crashes experienced since changing those settings.