Join now - be part of our community!

incorrect keyboard/no model number?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
brandonwong
Visitor

incorrect keyboard/no model number?

So i recently purchased a Vaio E series from the online store, With the model number on the back being quoted as SVE171A11M. I bought a keyboard skin, which didn't fit even though it was the official E series skin, because my Enter key is actually a vertical rectangular shape with a bend in it, like a "L" rotated 180 degrees. So when i tried to find the correct Keyboard Skin on the online store, I was prompted to put up my laptop's model number, which I have been unable to do since trying profusely to register my laptop! Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi brandonwong and welcome.

SVE17A11M is not a valid Vaio Model - you are probably using the chassis model number.

You will find the correct model on the screen surround, on the box, or by opening Vaio Care or Control Panel -> Vaio Control Centre -> System Information.  The correct Model will also be shown in the BIOS

The correct Vaio Model will start SVE1711.....

:thinking:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi brandonwong and welcome.

SVE17A11M is not a valid Vaio Model - you are probably using the chassis model number.

You will find the correct model on the screen surround, on the box, or by opening Vaio Care or Control Panel -> Vaio Control Centre -> System Information.  The correct Model will also be shown in the BIOS

The correct Vaio Model will start SVE1711.....

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi brandonwong,

From your description of the keyboard it would seem that you have purchased a USA model and a skin for a UK model - the USA keyboard has a rectangular enter key, the EU keyboard has an inverted L shape.

As suggested by Blencogo the correct model number should confirm this.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
brandonwong
Visitor

See what I'm confused is, I bought the Sony Vaio Laptop from the UK store online, but i cant seem to find a suitable skin on the very same UK store! And yes, the enter key is an inverted L, so thusly, EU version right?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

brandonwong wrote:

EU version right?

The only way for us to be sure is to get the correct model from Vaio Care/Vaio Control Centre.  We can't help much without this model type.

Some online UK independent stores do sell US Models - do you have a full EU Warranty?

brandonwong
Visitor

it's the SV-E1711C5E... and I bought it from the UK educational store online at sony.co.uk....