Join now - be part of our community!

Install VAIO drivers

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
goose1987
Visitor

Install VAIO drivers

Hi there,

I have a VGN-NR38E VAIO laptop and I recently had to restore the OS using the Vista Home Premium disc. Being a bit of a novice with PCs I foolishly neglected to backup the drivers and I've lost a lot of functionality because of it.

I can see that I can download the drivers from-

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-NR38E_S/updates

...but again, being a bit of a novice I don't actually know what to do with these once I've downloaded them. Can anyone tell me what to do with the drivers once I've downloaded them?

Many thanks in advance,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
peshyxp
Visitor

You will need to reintsall the drivers listed under "preinstalled drivers and utilities"

There are about 16 of them although I dont think you necessarily have to install each one

The key ones to install are the first nine since these will ensure all the hot keys and short key functions work

When you download each file you should see an exe file extension on one of the files and this is the one you have to doubleclick on in order for the driver to be installed

Go through each one, download, then run the exe file. The process involves restarting your pc for some to fully install but you do have the option of doing this later once all files have been installed

It takes about half hour at most depending on how fast your wifi connection is

Personally I always hook up my pc using an ethernet connection to my wifi router when Im downloading such files since its much quicker

Good luck and keep us posted how you get on

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
peshyxp
Visitor

You will need to reintsall the drivers listed under "preinstalled drivers and utilities"

There are about 16 of them although I dont think you necessarily have to install each one

The key ones to install are the first nine since these will ensure all the hot keys and short key functions work

When you download each file you should see an exe file extension on one of the files and this is the one you have to doubleclick on in order for the driver to be installed

Go through each one, download, then run the exe file. The process involves restarting your pc for some to fully install but you do have the option of doing this later once all files have been installed

It takes about half hour at most depending on how fast your wifi connection is

Personally I always hook up my pc using an ethernet connection to my wifi router when Im downloading such files since its much quicker

Good luck and keep us posted how you get on

goose1987
Visitor

Thank you for getting back to me. I've managed to do this now, (thank god!) it was reasonably fast. Everything seems to be working already.

Cheers for your help! Really glad to have that behind me.

Happy computing!

Nick