Join now - be part of our community!

Internet explorer keeps closing

profile.country.en_GB.title
biancavaio
Visitor

Internet explorer keeps closing

Hi

Well I'm back again with a minor problem , well last night I was on my laptop and i was just searching for something on the web and i had at least 3 Internet Explorer windows open , and for some reason suddenly all the 3 IE windows shut down and i was left there looking at my screen looking bewildered about how all 3 of IE windows went , but i took no notice and decided to carry on and open some new windows , ... then this morning i was on my laptop again and the same thing happened , I honestly have'nt got a clue what has gone wrong , i have IE 7 and i have'nt downloaded anything major in a month ... I'm kinda lost 😞

Anyone know any type of solution

Thanks in advance

Bianca

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Bianca,

Do you have Norton Internet Security installed? If so, it is causing yet another problem.

Try turning off the anti-Phishing protection - this may fix it. If not you will need to install the Norton Add On package and then follow the steps to disable the Ad and Pop-up Blocking features. Refer to the document provided below to download and install Norton Internet Security Add On pack:

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/nip.nsf/docid/2006092814125436?Open&src=con_ols_nam

After installing the Add On pack, refer to the document provided below which details the steps on how to disable the Ads for specific sites:

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/nip.nsf/docid/2007021401552536?Open&src=con_ols_nam

Once pop-up and ad blocking are turned off in Norton, I would go into IE Tools and disable any add-ons that have Symantec as publisher.

The best advice (as usual) is to ditch Norton at the next renewal - it seems to want to take over the world!!!

:wink:

biancavaio
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

Thanks for the advice .. will definatley try it .. though when i first got this norton 360 i turned off the Anti-phishing rubbish because that was flipping irrating the quackers out of me !!

I'll write back soon .. to let ya know if it worked

x

biancavaio
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

Well i did exactly everything that you said but unfortunatley when i disbaled anything that was Norton/Publisher , i got bombarded with loads of these annoying spyware pop-ups , and so i had to go back to the original settings ... thought when the Norton add-ons were disabled the IE windows did the same thing and vanished .. So Im stuck

Anyone ... 😞

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Bianca,

Try Firefox .

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
biancavaio
Visitor

Well I downloaded firefox and 30 minutes later the same thing happens the IE windows vanishes

.. 😞 ??

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Well I downloaded firefox and 30 minutes later the same thing happens the IE windows vanishes 

.. 😞 ??

:thinking: The Mozilla Firefox window vanishes or IE window? If the former then you need to investigate your system for malware!!

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
biancavaio
Visitor

It was the mozilla window .. though i'am using both sites for the internet .. and its happing to both of them

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bianca,

Have you run a virus and malware scan?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
biancavaio
Visitor

Hi Rich912

:devil: :devil: :devil: Just spoke to Norton 360 virus removal support line and what a load of rubbish were they , they hanged up on me the first time , then after ringing again a rude talentless woman answers and asks me weather my Norton 360 is out of date and i specfically told her i got Norton 360 3 months ago , along with that i get attitude for apparently mis-using my Norton 360 apparently , and i regulary do a Live Update along with several other checks every 3-5 days , and then once we actually arrived to the issue they tell me to ring my internet service provider !!! the cheek after spending like an hour on the phone , You wait I'm flaming going to ring there customer services and reporting the woman .. Arghhhh !!

Bianca

x