Join now - be part of our community!

IP Configuration

SOLVED
PatJeffs
New

IP Configuration

My Vaio laptop will not connect to the internet - I get the message that I have no valid IP configuration (although it was all working a couple of days ago).  How can I rectify this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

If you have the last cumulative update of Windows 10... Many users has noticed an issue with Wi-Fi or LAN, try this for solve:
Command prompt as administrator, at Control request click Yes...
netsh winsock reset > Send...
netsh int ip reset > Send...
ipconfig /flushdns > Send...
ipconfig /release > Send...
ipconfig /renew > Send...

If take any errore ignore them...

Close Command Prompt and Restart PC...

Manolo

View solution in original post

PatJeffs
New

Thank you very much Manolo.  My computer did not recognise the iconfig commands but the first two you gave were accepted.  My first attempts failed because (I think) I turned the computer off and then on to finish the process rather than using the restart facility.  Anyway the first two commands did the trick and, thanks to you, I am back on line.  Thanks again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi @PatJeffs, you can try this: Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Wi-Fi Network adapter... After that, always in Device Manager, go to MENU Action > Scan for hardware changes...

The System install again the Wireless Network and maybe you can now access to Internet...

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

If you have the last cumulative update of Windows 10... Many users has noticed an issue with Wi-Fi or LAN, try this for solve:
Command prompt as administrator, at Control request click Yes...
netsh winsock reset > Send...
netsh int ip reset > Send...
ipconfig /flushdns > Send...
ipconfig /release > Send...
ipconfig /renew > Send...

If take any errore ignore them...

Close Command Prompt and Restart PC...

Manolo

PatJeffs
New

Thank you very much Manolo.  My computer did not recognise the iconfig commands but the first two you gave were accepted.  My first attempts failed because (I think) I turned the computer off and then on to finish the process rather than using the restart facility.  Anyway the first two commands did the trick and, thanks to you, I am back on line.  Thanks again.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Your welcome... :slight_smile:

Manolo