Join now - be part of our community!

IR Reciever/Hardware not detected - Windows Media Centre

profile.country.en_GB.title
samhines
Visitor

IR Reciever/Hardware not detected - Windows Media Centre

Hello to you all

I just brought a Sony VGC-LT1S all in 1 pc ive manged to set most things up without no great problems . However, when im going through the tv set-up thass where the frustrations starts.

I have a sky+ box in my bedroom which i have connected a s-video cable from the sky+ to the pc, i also have the tv cable that the pc came with and that have inputted that from the pc to the sky+ box in the RF-Out 1 socket. Whilst in the set up tv in the WMC programme i follow the prompts and it finds the s-video cable and a little box comes up showing what is currently on sky, i can even change the channels using my sky remote. when i then go onto the next prompt a message of 'No IR Hardware Detected' comes up which then prevents me from setting up.

I called Sony support (waste of time ) and they said I need to go back to the Sony Centre i brought it and ask them as they dont supply this IR reciever?.....I went back to the Sony Centre and they sold me a Audio/VIdeo cable and said that will solve the problem.....errrr Nope !! I conected the cabel like they said, i even already had a scart adapter but the error message still shows up???? Please can someone/anyone help me with this as im getting way too frustrated.

Also does anyone know why my remote control doesnt work all the time?? like i said this is under a wk old at the time of this posting so batteries are new

Kind regards and thank you in advance

0 REPLIES 0