Join now - be part of our community!

Linux to XP - hotkeys problem

missjellyfish
Visitor

Linux to XP - hotkeys problem

Hello,

I'v got a Vaio VGN-FS215E. I tried Kubuntu Linux a few weeks ago, and as I had many problems, decided to get back to XP Pro.
I've downloaded and installed the original drivers on the official website, I've updated everything I could, but my fn keys refuse to work... :thinking:
I've searched in forums, some people advise to download "Sony Shared library" and "Sony Utilities" but I can't find them.

Does anybody know how to fix this?
Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi missjellyfish and welcome.

Download the 'Original Utilities Package' - at the bottom of the download list for your model here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-FS&m=1863

Download the file FS2_Utilities.ZIP to a temporary folder. In Explorer, right-click on the .ZIP file and choose "Extract All". Extract files to C:\ and this will create a directory C:\Utils.

Open this folder and look in each of the Utils Installers and run the 'Setup.EXE' in each installer by double-clicking on it. YOU MUST DO THE FIRST FOUR IN ORDER.

1. Sony Utilities - Utils Installer 1
2. Sony Shared Library - Utils Installer 2
3. VAIO Event Service - Utils Installer 7
4. Setting Utility Series - Utils Installer 6
5. The other Utilities

You may have to do this more than once!

:wink:

missjellyfish
Visitor

It worked after the third try, thank you! :clap:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: