Join now - be part of our community!

K315B strange LCD screen display

Gomi
Visitor

K315B strange LCD screen display

I just bought the K315B 4 days ago. I was happily watching a dvd movie on the laptop. I was using the external power supply as I did not want to attach the battery yet.

All of a sudden in the middle of the movie the LCD went really bright white color and had a bit of horizontal lines! The sound was still doing fine. I shut down the laptop. kept it like that for a while. Started again and I could see very faintly that the screen was getting back to normal. shut it down again. tried it back on after a day and the screen is dull in places and hazzy in places. there is vertical lines in places. also i can see dark spots on the screen at a lot of places. i dont understand how this can happen on its own in the middle of watching a dvd ?

this is really annoying after having put in a premium for a the sony brand and this happens just with in 4 days of buying!

would appreciate if anyone can help or people who have had the same problem can share their views. will be contacting sony soon.

7 REPLIES 7
kalnik
Visitor

try to contact sony vaio support, because there is a problem with the LCD harness. I almost had the same problem and i couldn't fix it with upgrade etc. I sent it out to Sony and they fixed it for me. if you contact them they will arrange a courier to pick up your laptop, free of charge. Take care

Gomi
Visitor

Thanks kalnik for your response. Will do as u have mentioned. Any idea why this would happen out of the blue with out any thing being done to the laptop. I would understand if the laptop had been struck or hit by something and this happened, but nothing like this happened still the display went beserk?!
:cry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You never know, it might have been hit in transit to the store.

Gomi
Visitor

Hello again,

Its very strange that the LCD screen has come back to normal after keeping it on for one night. Though I can see spots when the LCD back ground is black. Technically I dont understand what could be the problem. Because as of now it seems the LCD is showing the colors just fine, except the dark spots which are visible only in black background. Any inputs regarding the technical side of things....? Thank you all for your help :slight_smile:

Jay1
Visitor

well some hardware is faulty and when sony have repired they might tell u the fault and they need to look at it to see what the fault as it could be any hardware faulty and therefor the only way to know is by repairing it or if someone had the same fault excalty then they might be able to tell you but it does not mean tht is still the same as urs.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Having it repaired now is essential, you don't want it dying after warranty.

Gomi
Visitor

:cry: :slight_smile:
I dont know whether to cry or be happy.
As I had mentioned few days ago there was a problem with the display screen. In the begining i could not make out anything on the lcd. slowly after few days it seemed as if the lcd was coming back to normal. the lcd had dark spots which could be seen when there was a black background. and now they also seem to have disappeared. i dont understand what the problem is! as it has rectified it self over few days. i know there is a problem with either the video card or the lcd. is it a good idea to send the laptop to sony now that the symptoms of the problem are not visible as they where some time ago?

also i had this 14 day return policy which will end in a few days and if the problem does not occur again i might be left with this laptop untill the problem happens again in which case sony will fix it not replace it! as the 14 day policy would have been over! is there a way i can tell sony that since the problem has happend just that it can not be seen now and that if this problem happens again that i can replace this laptop?

also it would help to know what the problem is or what could have caused this problem. I am thining of postponing to send the laptop to sony as they would charge me if they cant find any problematic symtoms.

someone do help me out here....