Join now - be part of our community!

Memory Stick Pro Duo 8GB with Sony Vaio SZ5XWN

oceanboy
Visitor

Memory Stick Pro Duo 8GB with Sony Vaio SZ5XWN

Hi guys,

I need a little bit help here =D. I have a Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 8GB that I want to access with my Sony SZ5XWN laptop (installed with Windows XP). The Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 8GB is working fine when it is inserted into the Flash media slot (located on the right side panel of the laptop) with the Vaio Memory Card Adapter. However, when I insert it into the MagicGate Memory Stick media slot (located on the left side panel of the laptop), it is not recognised and a pop-up message appears asking it to be formatted (though it has been formatted before when it is inside the Flash media slot). However, no matter what option I choose (Quick or Normal format), it can't be reformatted inside this slot.

There is no problem with the MagicGate Memory Stick media slot as it is working fine when I test it with another 1GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo.

So at this point of time, I can only assume that the 8GB Memory Stick is not compatible with the slot (i.e. the driver currently installed doesn't support 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo). Are there any driver updates that I need to install before I can use the memory stick properly? Thanks a lot, guys.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you installed the Windows XP Memory Stick Driver Update 2.0.0.16?

Available here from SZ3_Downloads:-

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-SZ&m=2377

:thinking:

oceanboy
Visitor

Have you installed the Windows XP Memory Stick Driver Update 2.0.0.16?

Available here from SZ3_Downloads:-

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-SZ&m=2377

:thinking:

Thanks for the reply, you rock dude.

I am now able to open, copy, delete, edit the 8GB memory stick within the MagicGate Memory Stick media slot. However, I still can't format it. Do you have any ideas why this is happening?