Join now - be part of our community!

my built in camera

balker
Visitor

my built in camera

hello, can anyone help me. i recently upgradedto windows vista, but im having issues with my built in camera. i cant find it on my laptop now. even though the driver for the camera is installed. if anyone is able to help me i would be most grateful. thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
fabricio
Visitor

Hi,
I also upgraded to vista, and after it most of the features that came with the vaio (software, hardware) were either not recognised or unable to run. But that's another story now

For the camera utility, I can't see the way to install again the program "vaio camera utility" as my computer is not recognised anymore as vaio! So even having my camera installed and recognised, I have no software for test it of take picutes etc.

With reards of the driver and how the computer recognises the camera, I think i could do something, hope useful for you:

-go to control panel
-click on system and maintenance
-once there click on system
-in the new window you should see all basic information of your OS;
on the left column there is a section called tasks, click "device manager"
-once you allow the program to run, there will be a devicemanager console window
-look for a section called "other", where if you have any hardware not recognised it should be there
-right click the item(s) there and select "update driver sofware"
-select browse my computer for dirver software
-for the location to search write C:\
-run the scan

if you have the old drivers somewhere in your C partition it should detect it and instal it; for me that was enough, but if your computer does not find it perhaps you could search in the D drive after inseting the recovery CDs (that I don't know, just a suggestion)

Hope it helps
Regards

balker
Visitor

Hello and thank you for your quick reply i appreciate all your help and effort in trying to resolve problem i had, unfortunatly it didnt work so im still open to suggestions if anybody has any.