Join now - be part of our community!

My Vaio is no longer a Vaio!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
elikelly2
Visitor

My Vaio is no longer a Vaio!

I've just had the hard drive on my Vaio VPCEB1E0E replaced and now I don't seem to have anything Vaio related eg the automatic update, the thingy bar along the top of the screen, the Vaio help button etc. How do I restore these things?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi elikelly2,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Did you create a set of recovery dics prior to your HDD was replaced.?

If not then if you want the original software & applications that came pre-installed on your vaio then you can purchase a set of recovery discs from Sony support which should allow you re-install the original supplied OS & programs, etc..

To contact Vaio support click on the following link Contact Sony Support

Alternatively if you have installed your own copy of Windows then there a selection of driver & utilities available on your Vaio models support site but the original pre-installed software is not available to download..

VPCEB1E0E drivers & utilities

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi elikelly2,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Did you create a set of recovery dics prior to your HDD was replaced.?

If not then if you want the original software & applications that came pre-installed on your vaio then you can purchase a set of recovery discs from Sony support which should allow you re-install the original supplied OS & programs, etc..

To contact Vaio support click on the following link Contact Sony Support

Alternatively if you have installed your own copy of Windows then there a selection of driver & utilities available on your Vaio models support site but the original pre-installed software is not available to download..

VPCEB1E0E drivers & utilities