Join now - be part of our community!

New VAIO doing my head in

SOLVED

New VAIO doing my head in

Yesterday I bought a new VAIO FIT 15 laptop for my daughter to start college.  Having spent this morning trying to get it sorted I am now wondering if I bought the right computer.

First off - I want to create the restore media - Well windows 8 is new to me so I'm trying to get used to that 😞 but I find my way around it to VAIO Care.  I follow the intructions to create the restore discs and it fails saying VAIO Care Recovery needs to be installed.  No prob with that, though surprised it isn't pre-installed.  The system looks for updates and I select update "Unable to update - try again later"  keep trying but no luck.

So I then try to contact SONY.

I find a number - have you noticed how difficult they make it for you to actually talk to someone - but they want to charge me 35p per minute to fix a problem with a brand new computer.  I find a way around that 🙂 and talk to a helpful young man for about ten minutes.

The suggestion is to uninstall VAIO Care and reinstall it - and he will email me with the link t the download.  So I've now uninstalled VAIO Care, no email and I'm unable to fin aversion of VAIO care to install.

All this to make recovery dsks that shoudl take a couple of minutes.

I do wish the senior management would try their own products - using the help facilities available to Jo Public once in a while.

---

Edited by Drew - Profanity removed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I notice that there is also a Vaio Care Recovery Updater download available under ‘Latest Downloads for some models, under Latest Downloads – maybe worth installing.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi A123456789,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Doesn't sound like a good start, you can download Vaio Care from the product support site for your Vaio Fit model

Click the following lnk - Vaio Support

Then either enter your vaio model name SVF15******

See how to find model name below..

Model.JPG

Once entered click on the Downloads Tab..

In the downloads just below Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities click on Windows 8 to extend the tree..

Scroll down the list & towards the bottom you should locate VAIO Update..

Click on Vaio Update, read the instruction, etc..

Read & select that you agree to the Disclaimer, etc & click on Download..

Once the download is complete follow the instructions outlined on the download page to install..

Any problems post back & hopefully someone will be able to assist your further..

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I notice that there is also a Vaio Care Recovery Updater download available under ‘Latest Downloads for some models, under Latest Downloads – maybe worth installing.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

I have exactly the same problem. Now spent a huge amount refering to the 'Quick Start' guide to download something which should be on the computer already.

Support so far appears poor and limited and I havea computer which I am reluctant use.

Not impressed and at the moment wish I had purchased a Dell.Infact wish I had pucrchased anything other than Sony.

Will not doubt spend another day looking at the 'Quick Start Guide' and trawling the internet for a possible solution.

Wasted weekend, wasted money, 2 hacked off kids who were looking forward to a new lap top and a seriously hacked off customer.