Join now - be part of our community!

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

marcoda
Visitor

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

Has anyone had any luck installing this update?
Tried with my FZ21Z running Vista and get message "a fatal error has occurred while installing WinDVD" at the Installshield Wizard. The green progress bar only gets half way.
Any ideas?

109 REPLIES 109
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the info oldcrow.. :slight_smile:

Chanandler
Visitor

Does anyone know where to download this from manually? I have un-installed and now cannot re-install and its not showing up on the recovery software or the Vaio update page :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Chanandler,

It is available here: -

WinDVD BD Update 8.0.9.301_4

:wink:

EDIT 4/06/08: I see that version has been removed from the Updates page and replaced by the Sony Europe recommended version: -

WinDVD BD 8.0.9.429

I'm getting confused now!!!

:thinking:

Chanandler
Visitor

Hi Chanandler,

It is available here: -

WinDVD BD Update 8.0.9.301_4

:wink:

Hi, thanks for that but it is saying that I have to have the full version installed in order to update! :thinking:

I can't believe I have gone from having no problems to not being able to watch anything!! Not impressed!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chandler,

boot into safe mode and try running a system restore to the point before you installed the update.?

To boot into safe mode, Start your Vaio and when the Vaio logo appears press the F8 key repeatedly..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chandler,

can please let know me where you downloaded the Win DVD BD update from.?

Have you uninstalled Win DVD BD from your Vaio now.?

When you tried to watch your BD was in on an external screen or your FZ.?

Chanandler
Visitor

Hiyah Thalamus,

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded it through the Vaio Update software initially and then after I removed the software I downloaded it again from the link above but that is just the update and it needs the full package before it will install.

I am not going to restore my computer again, I have done it once and it took a week to get all my software re-loaded and it is just too much of a pain and takes too long and I just don't have time at the moment.

Plus what everyone keeps forgetting about system restore is that it wastes your licenses for software like Norton Internet Security where every time you activate it uses up one of your limited amount of licenses associated with your unlock key. I am on my last license for my Internet Security 2008 suite so am not prepared to have to buy it again just to get this working.

I am just going to buy some BD playback software I think as this issue with the Sony version has been going on for way too long now and shows no sign of being resolved. Good luck to you all though, hope it works for you.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chandler,

I have sent you a Private Message, use the following link to View your messages: Private Messages

ShockWhistler
Visitor

I was doing a check of my WinDVD version number when I noticed that the 'region settings' need to be set separately for DVDs and BDs but the BD region was not selected.

I wonder if that wouldn't be the cause of this mess. I don't have any BDs to give it a try.

Perhaps someone could check to make sure that the BD region has been selected and if not choose the appropriate region and try the disc again.

Chanandler
Visitor

Hmm, well thanks to Thalamus I have re-installed WinDVD BD but still getting the error I mentioned above.

I am also getting another weird error with my FZ21Z since re-building it a few weeks ago, I can no longer change the brightness of the screen. The on-screen display thing pops up but does not change.

All very weird!