Join now - be part of our community!

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

marcoda
Visitor

New WinDVD BD update 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08

Has anyone had any luck installing this update?
Tried with my FZ21Z running Vista and get message "a fatal error has occurred while installing WinDVD" at the Installshield Wizard. The green progress bar only gets half way.
Any ideas?

109 REPLIES 109
oldcrow
Visitor

Welcome and thanks or your comment sjk81. Thanks also to laura-b, could not put it better myself.

Best practice on this site for updates is to wait a week or two, if no apparent complaint, then download.

Chanandler
Visitor

Yes, after 2 weeks of testing I can confirm that since re-building my computer I have been able to watch blu-ray movies without any problems at all.

Chanandler
Visitor

Oh dear, I see that the 8.0.9.301 update is back up on the site, I'm downloading it now, hope it works this time :slight_smile:

---- UPDATE ----

Right well the update installed OK and all was looking good until I tried to watch a movie..... Now I can't watch anything, I just get the following message at the top of the viewing window:

"Stop"
"Your display environment does not support protected content playback"

Now this is very weird as I could watch anything prior to running this update.... Now I wonder if I can roll-back!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Oh dear, I see that the 8.0.9.301 update is back up on the site, I'm downloading it now, hope it works this time :slight_smile:

Hi Chandler,

I'm not sure if you have noticed but this is the newer version WinDVD BD 8.0.9.301_4, this has replaced the earlier version 8.0.9.301_3 dated 17.03.08.. :smileygrin:

Chanandler
Visitor

Hiyah... no I did not pick that up lol, ahh well, it was all going so well there for a while :slight_smile:

Of course I should re-boot I suppose, maybe that is the problem :laughing:

Its been a long week already..... shouldn't do this sort of stuff when I'm tired lol.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

lol no worries, could you let me know if everything goes OK with the install please.. :slight_smile:

Chanandler
Visitor

lol no worries, could you let me know if everything goes OK with the install please.. :slight_smile:

Sadly not, now when I try and play a movie (after a reboot) the application just hangs and I get a windows box pop up telling me that the MFC application is not responding and "would I like to end it".

Once it has been ended the application shuts down but my desktop background is then all messed up and my icons have gone all weird and funny.

On top of this, to make things worse my wife is inconsoleable as Battlestar Galactica is not on this week!!! What a day!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Sadly not, now when I try and play a movie (after a reboot) the application just hangs and I get a windows box pop up telling me that the MFC application is not responding and "would I like to end it".

Once it has been ended the application shuts down but my desktop background is then all messed up and my icons have gone all weird and funny.

Noooooo... :slight_frown:

Have you tried manually installing the update again.. :thinking:

On top of this, to make things worse my wife is inconsoleable as Battlestar Galactica is not on this week!!! What a day!

I think it was the series finally was last week.. :wink:

Chanandler
Visitor

Oh, I thought that it may help to post my DXDiag file so here is the contents :smileygrin:

====================================================

oldcrow
Visitor

With great trepidation I downloaded 301_4.

It may be too soon to applaud, but my Blu-Ray is now working......