Join now - be part of our community!

Not Connected - No Connections Available (WiFi issue)

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jaykay84
Visitor

Not Connected - No Connections Available (WiFi issue)

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone will be able to help with this issue - currently banging my head against a brick wall! : )

I'm using a Sony Vaio VGN-Z21WN, and have recently had a local computer store install a brand new copy of Windows 7 Professional. Previously was running Windows Vista business.

All was working fine, then all of a sudden when booting up, the wifi wouldn't connect and the message 'Not Connected - No Connections available' appears when hovering above the WAN tray icon (which now also has a big red cross in front of it.

If I leave the laptop off for say a week without turning it on, the connection comes back - then after rebooting, the same issue comes back. Really annoying!!

The LAN works fine, and can run the internet fine when plugging in to the broadband router.

HELP PLE EE A AASE! : )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jaykay84,

welcome to Questions & answers..:smileyhappy:

It's dificult to know what your local store have done when installing Windows 7 pro on your vaio..

There are a selection of drivers available from the support site so I would suggest you contact the local computer store an explain your problem & point them in the direction of the avaible windows 7 drivers for your vaio, hopefully they can resolve this for you..

Windows 7 Drivers and Utilities

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jaykay84,

welcome to Questions & answers..:smileyhappy:

It's dificult to know what your local store have done when installing Windows 7 pro on your vaio..

There are a selection of drivers available from the support site so I would suggest you contact the local computer store an explain your problem & point them in the direction of the avaible windows 7 drivers for your vaio, hopefully they can resolve this for you..

Windows 7 Drivers and Utilities