NULL

profile.country.GB.title
Gish_X
Explorer

NULL

67 REPLIES 67
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Glad you got your money back in the end.

revil
Visitor

good news:

my dealer gave me the adress of a Vaio Competence Center. I sent my notebook to them, and they repaired it. At the moment it is on its way back to me, and i hope everything is fixed and allright. They gave me also a extended guarantee of 6 months :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Gish_X
Explorer

stausi
Visitor

Might try out an FS2 because that apparently doesn't suffer from any of these issues.

G

unfortunately thats not the case. the new FS2 series still suffer the same problems. apart from CPU and minor software changes they are identical to the FS1 notebooks.

regards,
Martin

p.s. for the records: my right hinge is broken too! but i think it has nothing to do with the quality of the hinge. Its a handling problem of the user who wants to open the screen before the hinges are fully released. Also the left hinge is released a little bit before the right. Thats why the right hinges usually break, because it still locked when one wants to open the screen without pushing the slider to the side properly.
Thats just my theorie....

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

They are probably using the same hardware as they were using in the last batch of FS series.

CaseMillennium
Visitor

my right hinge is broken too! but i think it has nothing to do with the quality of the hinge. Its a handling problem of the user who wants to open the screen before the hinges are fully released. 

Actually I just got a call from sony support and they confirmed to me that the hinge problum is a production fault of the FS series that is covered by waranty. An as I wrote earlier: The Hinge breaks because it is misplaced and doesn´t fit into the hole correctly.

sxc
Visitor

So is the conclusion that Sony is fixing both the screen buzzing and latch problems in the FS series?

profile.country.GB.title
Gish_X
Explorer