Join now - be part of our community!

NVIDIA Guard Service failed installation

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
charliet101
Explorer

NVIDIA Guard Service failed installation

I've been trying to upload the NVIDIA Guard Service from VAIO Update service for a couple of weeks now with no success. The update is downloaded but won't install. Every time I restart after downloading it comes up as a failed installation. This was after about a week of trying to upload the new VAIO Care version (which eventually worked).

Error Code in the installation history is 0xA0011000(5).

I also tried to upload directly from the website. That suggests installation is complete but when I run VAIO Update it tells me the NVIDIA Guard Service update is available to download. I click Update and I am into the cycle of "failed Installation" again.

Any thoughts?

I have a VAIO Laptop VPCF12S1E.

Charlie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UsmanKhalid
New

this update is specific to model number. I had this problem for a while, but when I came across the list, its sony's problem as it should not have appears on VIAO update for non compatible models

see if you model number is there in the "Applicable Prodcuts and Operating Systems"

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?upd_filename=NVOOTH-00290897-100E.EXE

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Jani_VPCF21Z1E
Explorer

Exactly the same issue here. Ongoing for weeks / perhaps even months(?)

What is the case here from Sony's side?

jamtoday
Explorer

Same here. Can anyone provide any info on this?

Same for me on VPCLM2E and windows7...
UsmanKhalid
New

this update is specific to model number. I had this problem for a while, but when I came across the list, its sony's problem as it should not have appears on VIAO update for non compatible models

see if you model number is there in the "Applicable Prodcuts and Operating Systems"

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?upd_filename=NVOOTH-00290897-100E.EXE

UsmanKhalid
New

not for your model, see link in my post below
UsmanKhalid
New

Check your model in against the link in my post below
UsmanKhalid
New

Check your model number againt the weblink in my reply below
UsmanKhalid
New

Not for your model number, see my reply below
profile.country.GB.title
crossbank
Explorer

The list you refer to is, I think, just for US models. Is there a list for UK models?