Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-K115B Screen Crashes and has to be powered off

HammerJeff
Visitor

PCG-K115B Screen Crashes and has to be powered off

Hi everyone!

Purchased the above 1 month ago and very intermittently the screen on my laptop fades to horizontal lines and then crashes completely. Can't use task manager and have to power off.

This is quite annoying. I've already restored everything from the restore disk, I have run Windows update and installed relevent hotfixes, can't find anything on these forums pointing to this.

Originally I thought it might be a driver issue (version 6.14.10.6404) with the Radeon IGP 345M but, it appears my drivers are up to date there and functioning correctly. I have tried
running at lower resolutions and bit rates but the problem still happens. Also have performed all tests on Direct X 9.0b and this is fine too.

There is no pattern to the problem, it can happen if the laptop has only been on for a few minutes or sometimes it might happen after several hours. Can happen in any application. Mcafee viruscan is up-to-date and laptop virus free. Working behind Zone Alarm Pro too.

No temperature issues with fan, running mobilemeter and temperature is around 55C.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yes, thats the problem, after you use a great screen it's so hard to go back to a CRT.