Join now - be part of our community!

pioneer bd-rom bdc-td03 problem on VAIO VPCF13M0E/B

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
JohnWXA
Visitor

pioneer bd-rom bdc-td03 problem on VAIO VPCF13M0E/B

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my bd-rom on my VAIO. I've tried to copy a DVD with Nero 11 but after the copy of the first DVD was done the BD-ROM did not want to read my DVDs anymore! I have tried many things: Uninstall Nero, uninstall the driver from Device Manager and many more but nothing. My VAIO is only one year old and i did not use intensive the BD-ROM. Only for the Recovery of my notebook.

Can anyone help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi John WXA,

It could be a hardware fault but try the following to check if there is a software problem: -

1.  Does the drive read CDs OK?

2.  Do you have a bootable disc?  Does the drive boot from a bootable DVD?

3.  In Device Manager, is there an error shown against your drive?

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi John WXA,

It could be a hardware fault but try the following to check if there is a software problem: -

1.  Does the drive read CDs OK?

2.  Do you have a bootable disc?  Does the drive boot from a bootable DVD?

3.  In Device Manager, is there an error shown against your drive?

:thinking:

profile.country.ro_RO.title
JohnWXA
Visitor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! The answers to your questions are:

1. NO. The drive does not read any media discs(CD-DVD-Bluray)

2. Ihave tried with the bootable disc but nothing is happening.

3. In Device Manager all is OK! The Drive is appearing correctly without any errors.

I've called today SONY Service(My VAIO Garantee is still available) and looks like the Drive is "dead".:smileysad:. BUT i love the SONY Support. Very nice people that really want to resolve your SONY product problem! I am very happy with my choice! I will definitely buy other SONY products too.

Thank you again for your reply!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Spinozist
Visitor

I have the same problem. I have tried everything, including Restore, all VAIO Care options, Microsoft Fix-It, and proprietary recovery software. It is clearly not a software or registry problem, and the same problem can be encountered on other forums too. There is a hardware problem with this BD-ROM unit.