Join now - be part of our community!

Please Help ! VGC-V3S

mr_rossworth
Visitor

Please Help ! VGC-V3S

Hi,

I recently wiped my vgc-vcs, and installed xp pro , now none of the vaio zone software will load for me, keeps asking for previous versions, even though i have gotten the current versions for the vgc-v3s off the sony support site, my remote control no longer works either???? I found an old version of vaio zone of the web [SOAVZN-01384000-UN.exe] , this installed ok, but when i try and run the programme , it doesn't actually launch....can anyone help???? at the end of the day, i just want to be able to watch the tv on my machine and use my remote......don't care about the other apps

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mr_rossworth and welcome to Club Vaio.

Unfortunately, Vaio Zone has a lot of dependencies. Several other programs have to be installed for it to work. Here is a short list!

1. VAIO Media
2. VAIO® Entertainment Platform
3. OpenMG Setup
4. SonicStage Shared Library
5. SonicStage®
6. MEPG Decoder
7. WinDVD
8. Click 2 DVD
9. Sony RealTime MPEG Encoder Board Driver (TV Tuner)
10. VAIO Zone Remote Commander

None of these Applications are downloadable (only updates to the original software) which makes it very difficult to use anything other than the original Sony OEM Operating System. Although these will be held on your Recovery Discs, they are difficult to extract and use with XP Pro.

The only realistic solution is to reinstall the original OEM Windows XP Home with SP2 operating system and software - either from the Recovery Discs or from the Recovery Partition (if it still exists).

:slight_frown:

mr_rossworth
Visitor

hmmmm, i have the recovery disc , done a bit of googling re: extracting apps from the .pac files...is there an easy way of doing this....or even easy(ish)....or even anyway !

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have a look at this thread by philfree which describes unpacking the .PAC files.

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=37599

If all the required Applications are held in the .PAC files you may get it to work. However, I am fairly certain applications like WinDVD cannot be extracted and can only be recovered along with the Sony OS.

:thinking:

mr_rossworth
Visitor

I thank you eternally !, thank heavens for kcap, it's 1am , i have 4 cans of fosters and a lot of unpacked folders to get through, wish me luck !