Join now - be part of our community!

Power output of SVF1521C5E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
madibia67
Explorer

Power output of SVF1521C5E

Can anyone help as all information for above product only released less than 6 months ago can no longer be found on Sony's website which is rather annoying

I'm travelling soon and on airplane I can't exceed 75 watts on plane power socket, i need to know what power output my vaio fit in watts is?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to the following website : HERE, the power adapter is rated at 65W.  However I am also seeing 90W chargers around as well,  To confirm what you have, Google the model number of the power adapter for specifications.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to the following website : HERE, the power adapter is rated at 65W.  However I am also seeing 90W chargers around as well,  To confirm what you have, Google the model number of the power adapter for specifications.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
madibia67
Explorer

Thanks for the reply...

Did stumble across that last night but just wasn't sure, thanks for the confirmation..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats ok.  Even if its a 90W charger, it should still work.  It will just take longer for the laptop to charge up thats all (if from flat) or under extreme load may deplete battery more than what it can charge.

Edit : See HERE for some 'light' reading :slight_smile:

takrzem

Just as a matter of confirmation / clarification really :wink:

1. SVF1521C5E is labeled as consuming 3.3A @ 19.5 V of DC current. That gives 65W power which:

a) laptop consumes as maximum,

b) power supply needs to deliver as minimum.

2. Power supply delivered with the machine is rated as above. I have a feeling it's a standard SONY rating,

3. From the above: you can therefore connect stronger (90W or whatever) PSU as this will not hurt the machine at all and will actuallymake PSU working in more relaxed conditions.

4. I am not sure however if you are able to (or: should) connect such 90W PSU to 75W-limited socket on the plane whilst flying, even though machine will not consume anything beyond 65W. I would strongly suggest using standard, 65W PSU.