Join now - be part of our community!

Print Screen key won't copy screen image

profile.country.en_GB.title
BrownToad
New

Print Screen key won't copy screen image

Can anyone help with PrtSc?

I have tried using the PrtSc key to copy my screen image onto a blank Word page. When I open the Word page and select paste, instead of the screen image copying I always get a small black blob created. It seems to make no difference as to what I try to copy (eg a pdf page or anything else on the screen), the result is always the same. I have also tried Ctrl with PrtSc, and Fn with PrtSc, and Alt PrtSc, all without success.

The laptop is Sony Vaio VPCSE (Home 7) and only 1 month old. I have never had this problem on other computers, and my old Dell (XP) works perfectly in this respect.

I have tried all advice from Google search pages regarding this, and in frustration am trying this discussion forum - really hope someone can help!

Could it be the PrtSc key is not correctly linked to the function, and if so can it be corrected?

Tags (5)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi BrownToad,

See whether there is anything of help in this link.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/print-screen-not-working.html

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
BrownToad
New

Thanks Rich for the link. I eagerly tried everthing in that link, and nothing worked. The snipping tool produced exactly the same tiny black blob, instead of the image selected.

I will try to contact Sony via their chatline (if they have one).

nimbystripes
Visitor

Does your Vaio have a "Fn" key available beside the Windows key? Use it with the Print Screen button. If not, try using a screen capture software and see if your Print Screen button will work.