Join now - be part of our community!

Record from VCR. RS 504

Philtyke
Visitor

Record from VCR. RS 504

RS 504. Is it possible to record from VCR using Giga.p. without tuning TV channels. I don't want to watch TV on the PC but I would like to be able to back up some old family videos to DVD. Phil Hartley.

7 REPLIES 7
rox62
Visitor

Hi!
I think we have the same trouble. I am sure that we can do that but I don't know what is the correct connection and procedure?

Please, someone help us!!
rox

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You need to connect from the SCART OUT on the VCR to the 3 phono plugs on the front of the unit. Yellow is video, the other 2 are left/right audio

Philtyke
Visitor

Thanks, I will get the appropriate cable and give it a go.

Psaila
Visitor

You need to connect from the SCART OUT on the VCR to the 3 phono plugs on the front of the unit.  Yellow is video, the other 2 are left/right audio

Then open Giga pocket and select ( Direct Input ) on your Channel select Button . that will then show your Input Via Phono connection

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Good point Raymond.

rox62
Visitor

Many thanks from my side!
Rox

Philtyke
Visitor

Many thanks again.
I did manage to get up & running after buying & connecting the cable as suggested.
Once I had managed to get round the auto tune start up in Giga Pocket (& probably by accident) I arrived at being able to select "Video Front"... Sorry But I can't tell you how... and from there on in the actual recording worked OK.
From G/Pocket Explorer I then sent the V/Capsule to *Click to DVD* for writing. This did seem a very lengthy process but as I haven't done any of this before, I have nothing to use as a comparison. Any more info or suggestions will be very Gratefully accepted.
Thanks...... Phil.