Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery of VGC-RA 304

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
tabaheights
Explorer

Recovery of VGC-RA 304

I had to do a reinstall on my VGC-RA 304 due to a surprise crash, so armed with my recovery discs I set about the task, after some time my computer was up and running, but I have been left with a problem that I cannot get automatic updates to work I have service pack 2 loaded but cannot get service pack 3 downloaded. Can anyone help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
tabaheights
Explorer

Sorry to mess you about I have that working now, thanks again for your valuable help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi tabaheights.

Did you reinstall the Sony original operating system or did you use a commercial version of XP?

What error message do you get when you try to download XP SP3?  Have you tried disabling any third party Firewall or Anti-Virus?

Check through the pre-requisites for SP3 installation and troubleshooting suggestions on Microsoft's website here: -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

Try the suggestions there (if you haven't already) and come back if you continue to have a problem.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
tabaheights
Explorer

Hello Blencogo, thanks for the advice I have now SP3 loaded and running, but it's not all good news Vaio update is not working, the recovery discs I used were the original ones I created when I purchased the computer many years ago.
profile.country.GB.title
tabaheights
Explorer

Sorry to mess you about I have that working now, thanks again for your valuable help.