Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control problem: VAIO VGC LA2 - RM-MCE20E windows Vista

jclama
Visitor

Remote control problem: VAIO VGC LA2 - RM-MCE20E windows Vista

Hello
Hi to all users & administrators in the forum.
I have the equipment described in the title, with vista home premium, and the problem comes and goes.

The problem is that the remote controller sends the signal, and the PC receives it, as I see the little red light flash when I push any button, BUT there is no response from the PC.
I can't find out really what makes it happens, but I'm pretty sure it's after the PC goes to "sleep" mode, and it returns to normal state that the problem comes.
Yes, I know rebooting brings it to life, but it should not be the normal procedure.

Thanks to all for your time
Regards.

14 REPLIES 14
tuca1976
Visitor

Hi all,

I also bought a VGX-TP1E recently and have had exactly the same problems with the remote, one resolution I found was to physically remove the power from the PC over night and in the morning it all works again - No nead to rebuild the PC each time. As I understand it Sony are aware of the problem and developing a patch watch the updates page.

Thanks

Same for me , unplug the PC from power and Remote works except for Volume.
Once every 3 times i start the PC remote won't work. Very annoying !!
Apparently support guys i talked to are not aware of any patch being created or in creation. :slight_frown:

b1098s
Visitor

Same problem here on a brand new Vaio AR41S. If Sony is not doing anything on this it´s for SURE my LAST Sony. For this kind of money on a laptop I expect nothing but results.

s786999k
Visitor

I'm having the same problem on my LA3, my remote model is RM-MCE20E
My one starts working if I shut down the pc then power it back on however a restart wont solve it.

I spoke to Sony Support their first responce was "You will have to recovery" I said to be honest i'd rather not, Im sure there is something else you can suggest. So they told me to do a system restore which I did about 4 times but each time it wasn't successful. They told me someone would call me back after 2 days. After a week or so no one called back, but as this problem kept happening frequently I decided to take the plunge and recovery. But guess what the problem still occurs so recovering the PC didnt solve my issue and I doubt it will solve yours too.

Ive noticed my wireless connection goes at the same time do any of you guys notice that problem? See http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=53311

I hope they get this sorted, wanted the LA3 since it came out and now I have it, its given me one problem after another :slight_frown:

brettw11
Visitor

i brought my vgx yesterday and have the same problem. the guy in the shop seems to be under the impresstion that there is a fix out for this but i cannot find it anywhere can any of you help me

s786999k
Visitor

I asked the guys at sony and they werent aware of it been an issue, mine will be picked up soon to get it fixed but it seems that its a issue on the majority of new sony models...

Id much prefer sony making a fix for it than having to send my pc to them.