Join now - be part of our community!

Screen blanks out when power unplugged

MichaelKnight
Visitor

Screen blanks out when power unplugged

Hi all!
First of all, thanks in advance to everybody that will waste the time helping me :slight_smile:
I've got a TX3HP model, and I've recently get the Windows Vista Upgrade. I've spent all the weekend installing it, and it worked fine (well, a little bit slow 😞 ).
I've unplugged the power supply and everything went ok, but now, when It works only with battery, the screen switches off when passes 10 seconds. I can see the windows working, and the cursor shadow moves when I use the touchpad. The only way to switch it on is plugging the power again, and waiting a few seconds.
I think that is a BIOS upgrade problem, because it happens also when I try it in the BIOS menu, or in the InstantMode, only with the battery.
Well, I hope that anybody will help me. Thank you!!!

13 REPLIES 13
MichaelKnight
Visitor

Hi Micheal,

The recovery does not change the BIOS..?

What version BIOS do you currently have installed, is it R0022N3..?

Unfortunately I cannot find the earlier version, so I guess is not available for download, you could contact vaio-Link and ask them to supply you with the older BIOS, a phone call is probably the quickest method..

Are the function keys working now, as you mentioned earlier that that you tried to change the brightness through the hotkeys and It didn't work..?

That is the version number: R0022N3 (the same that you said)

I can work with the hotkeys (under XP). I can see how the screen goes darker or lighter, but finally it goes totally black (I can't find any smilie weeping, but It's the way I feel)

MichaelKnight
Visitor

I've finally called to the Customer Service. I've explained the problem to the operator, and he said to me that he will call me tomorrow.
Well, I will wait. When I had got something to post, you will know. Thanks to all!!!

MichaelKnight
Visitor

They have called to me yesterday and they said that there's a problem with my computer, and I must send it monday to the reparation center :((((((
See what happens

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Michael Knight,

Hopefully your vaio will be repaired quickly and returned to you soon... :slight_smile: