umzyi
Visitor

Sigmatel Audio driver

Where i can download SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC for vaio VGN-FE41Z
somebody plz help me

8 REPLIES 8
flashdonovan
Visitor

yes please help me too, i have been trying to find this codec now for a while. when i used to reformat it would appear in the vaio update list, now it isnt there and i cant find it anywhere on the internet. is there a link anyone can give me to stop the infuriatingly slow speed of Windows Media Player 11 beta (vista). thankyou

profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

If you have Windows Xp installed, remember that XP does not support High Definition Audio so you will need to install the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (KB888111) first...
This allows the Sigmatel sound chip to be recognised and then the Sigmatel driver will install.

flashdonovan
Visitor

hey sorry no i have windows vista, not xp. i just need a link to somewhere i can download the latest sigmatel audio codec as vaio seem to have taken it off their update list. there was a big hoo haa about it a year ago, like the camera capture drivers that kept playing up, now the audio driver is nowwhere to be found...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi umzyi

The Sigmatel CXD9872 High Definition Audio drivers should be found within the FE41Z Original Drivers Package..

The FE41Z Original Drivers Package can be downloaded from HERE

flashdonovan
Visitor

i dont mean to be rude, but you dont quite understand, its the updated drivers i want, that sony vaio used to put up for download on the vaio update feature. the original drivers files will incluse the old codec that has the bad effect on wmp 11 in vista. do you know where i can download the new sigmatel driver now?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can find all the SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC Driver Updates here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/DOWNLOADS/ST/D/AUD/

The latest release of Version 6.10.0.5286 for Vista Notebooks is dated 15/11/2007 and is listed as STDAUD-012914504-UN.EXE

Only use this one on Notebooks - if you have an VGC-XL desktop running Vista, you need Version 6.10.5379.0 = STDAUD-01487800-UN.EXE.

:wink:

flashdonovan
Visitor

hey, im sorry to say that this does not work. i was so sure as well!!! is there a driver i could replace it with? made by a different company perhaps? have to be compatible with the FE41S. thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

i dont mean to be rude, but you dont quite understand, its the updated drivers i want

My post was addressed to umzyi and was in reply to the original question.. :wink: