Join now - be part of our community!

Slow grafics and tasking on the PCV-RX413N

bjobke
Visitor

Slow grafics and tasking on the PCV-RX413N

HI,

from the very first day the PCV-RX413N with preinstalled Software and XP wasn't as quick as I expected it to be with it's 265 MB DDRam. How come? I haven't installed anything extra and still it sometimes takes several seconds untill the programm button shows the next list or opening outlook takes forever.

does anyone know this problem. What could be the source of this slowness?

Merry Christmas,

Björn

6 REPLIES 6
stevep-4
Visitor

256 is not enough. buy at least another 256 (or 512mb).

also take a look at how much memory is being used in task manager (CTRL ALT DEL). If it is more than 256, your comp will run slow.

I run a RX405, and currently it is using 360mb (with only outllok and this page open)

chuckalicious
Visitor

Yup, sadly for things like Outlook 256 is a minimum. Also, visual effects on the toolbars and windows can take up a lot of power. I tend to switch them all off. You can do this by going intot he display properties and then there are some options under there, I think under effects and advanced (I'm not at an XP machine right now so can't remember!)

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

It's in Control panel - System - Advanced - Performance Settings - Visual Effects.

If you want more memory then I can wholeheartedly recommend www.crucial.com they have great prices and excellent service.

chuckalicious
Visitor

Cheers Rob. Think I need to install XP on this machine!

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

It's much easier to find these things when you have the O/S in front of you :wink:

chuckalicious
Visitor

Yeah, but I don't fancy an update from 2K to XP on my work machine. That's never a good idea.