Join now - be part of our community!

Sony RX-305

smsmasters
Visitor

Sony RX-305

i hav a sony rx-305. Every now and again the audio from only my left speaker sounds distorted. It sounds like frying oil. It's a sound hard to describe. Well anyway, it makes playing music annoying because there is this wierd "distorted-ness" from only my left speaker. If i restart my pc the sound goes back to normal. This keeps happening. Its very aggravating. I have even updated my sounds drivers to no avail :slight_frown:

Any help would be most appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
EzDoezIt
Visitor

This sounds like a bad physical connection.

Unplug the speakers from the soundcard then plug them back in. (Try different speakers/headphones if you have any).

If the noisey speaker plugs into the back of the other speaker, unplug that and plug it back in.

smsmasters
Visitor

ive tried unplugging it. i even tried headphones. the noise still comes from the left speaker. its really frustrating!!!!! :angry: :angry:

EzDoezIt
Visitor

I understand your frustration. I rely heavily on my audio too.

Try disabling audio hardware acceleration. Perhaps DirectX is causing the problem.

smsmasters
Visitor

what does disabling audio hardware acceleration do anyway?? will it degrade performance or my sound??

have any of u experienced this problem??

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Disabling audio hardware acceleration will move certain audio processing from the audio card's processor to the VAIO's central processor.

You will experience some performance degradation, but it may well be unnoticable on today's fast processors.

Besides, this is just a troubleshooting step. If it does indeed make the problem go away, then it means there is a problem with your audio card drivers. DirectX is so inbuilt into Windows now that drivers have to be 100% DirectX compatible or weird audio problems will occurr.

smsmasters
Visitor

ok, thank u for ur very informative answer. i have used "standard acceleration" i am now playing music to see if the problem goes away...

If it still continues what shall i do next?? :slight_smile:

many thanks

smsmasters
Visitor

ok, it still occurs. there is still a wierd sound coming from my left speaker wenever i play something!!! its lyk fuzzy and buzzy... GRRRRR

any ideas?? could my internal components b faulty or do u think its to do wid my drivers??

i am extremely worried

EzDoezIt
Visitor

I'm afraid at this point it does appear to be a hardware issue. If it were a software issue it would be more consistent, but since it comes and goes the only thing remaining is hardware.

If you want to, you can try rolling back the driver (in Device Manager). If the option to roll back is not available try and find a different version of your driver. Also check the Microsoft web site for the latest version of DirectX.

smsmasters
Visitor

my vaio is still under warranty. shall i ask for it to be repaired??