Join now - be part of our community!

Sony RX-305

smsmasters
Visitor

Sony RX-305

i hav a sony rx-305. Every now and again the audio from only my left speaker sounds distorted. It sounds like frying oil. It's a sound hard to describe. Well anyway, it makes playing music annoying because there is this wierd "distorted-ness" from only my left speaker. If i restart my pc the sound goes back to normal. This keeps happening. Its very aggravating. I have even updated my sounds drivers to no avail :slight_frown:

Any help would be most appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
smsmasters
Visitor

i havent rang them yet. i think once my warranty is over i will disable the onboard sound and put inside my pc a decent sound card. do u think this wud solve my problem??

here's the link to how my audio is like. sometimes its like an echo and usually its like frying oil :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

http://www.frechijas.f2s.com/distortedaudio.mp3

smsmasters
Visitor

ok, i went into the club vaio support website. i installed the latest drivers for my sis audio card. i will let u know how it all goes. i hope my troubles will all go away.

if all is lost, i'm gonna buy a decent sound card such as "soundblaster 4.1".

will my warranty be void if iopen up my vaio and installed an addon card??? :cool: :cool:

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Yes, I'm afraid opening your VAIO will void you warranty.

smsmasters
Visitor

hmmm...i guess that updated driver for my sis audio didnt work :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

once my warranty is over im gonna put a decent sound card. not the built in audio crap!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

chris.priestley
Visitor

If it's any consolation I've had EXACTLY the same problem on my RX301.

I gave up a bit quicker and installed another soundcard like it sounds you're about to!

This has been fine. I disabled the SIS onboard sound in BIOS.

I'm convinced it's a driver issue - but with so many cheap soundcards about (with better ports for digital out etc), I decided not to waste too much time and just put one in.

Hopefully one day we'll get a driver update that will acknowledge the problem anyway!

chris.priestley
Visitor

PS: I've opened up my RX301, (apparently invalidating the warranty), but didn't come across any stickers or anything that shows that it's been opened. So if you're feeling brave you could try putting a new card in anyway! I reckon you could easily put it back to it's original state and they'd be none the wiser... :smileygrin:

smsmasters
Visitor

i hav added a hercules gamemuse 5.1 surround card :smileygrin: and i also decided to stick in a another 256 ram stick :smileygrin:

I bet sony wont even know u hav invalidated ur warranty. hopefully :slight_smile:

pls tell me exactly what kind of sounds ur hearing

VAIOneer
Visitor

If you open up your PC and add a card, then subsequently have to send it away for repairs, you may want to search long and hard for any clues that indicate a card was installed.

Without giving away too many clues in a public forum here's a hint;
device manager & safe mode :wink: