Join now - be part of our community!

Sony RX-305

smsmasters
Visitor

Sony RX-305

i hav a sony rx-305. Every now and again the audio from only my left speaker sounds distorted. It sounds like frying oil. It's a sound hard to describe. Well anyway, it makes playing music annoying because there is this wierd "distorted-ness" from only my left speaker. If i restart my pc the sound goes back to normal. This keeps happening. Its very aggravating. I have even updated my sounds drivers to no avail :slight_frown:

Any help would be most appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
EzDoezIt
Visitor

Give Sony tech support a call and see what they say.

If they tell you to do a complete System recovery, tell them you have just completed one and ask what to do now. :devil:

smsmasters
Visitor

ok, now my left speaker has some wierd echoing noise!!! GRRRRRRRR damn sony!!!

Why wont it go away!!! :anguished: :anguished: :anguished:

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Search for "DXDIAG.EXE", it should be in your "c:\windows\system32" folder, but find all of them and run the latest one.

Run all of the audio tests and see what results your get.

If you're suddenly getting an echo effect it sounds like there is some audio processing going on.

Go into the Windows Media Player and switch off SRS.

smsmasters
Visitor

i have done the tests. i have passed them all. anything i can do?? i dont think my audio card is faulty coz wen i restart it goes bk 2 normal!!

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Tell us more about the problem.

If you are playing a CD, does the distortion come and go while the music is playing?

Does it matter what playback software you use? (SonicStage / Windows Media Player etc.)

smsmasters
Visitor

im not sure. after a while or so wenever audio is played, the left speaker sounds like "frying oil"

once i restart it goes bk 2 normal!!! :anguished: :anguished:

this is so wierd

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Download and install the latest DirectX from Microsoft.

smsmasters
Visitor

i hav windows xp home edition, it already has the latest direct x (8.1)

the problem seems to have gone away... hmm.... ill let u know how it all goes....

i think it only happens if i put AIM or Yahoo or MSN messenger on..... :thinking: :thinking:

very strange indeed

smsmasters
Visitor

i think im gonna go and ring sony support. :angry: :angry:

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Let us know what they say, other than "do a full system recovery". :smileyrolling_eyes: