Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO CS Fan Noise!

tom153uk
Visitor

Sony VAIO CS Fan Noise!

Hello, I'm new to the world of VAIO - and have owned a VAIO CS11S for around 3 months now. It’s been brilliant except the excessive fan noise - it seems to sound like the fan is rattling and chirps when the fan kicks in. The driver also seems to be rubbish - allowing the fan to keep coming on and off every 2-3 seconds or so..

IS this happening to anyone else? I have not yet contacted Sony regarding this issue - but compared to other VAIO's this seems to be pretty bad build quality... not impressed after spending £800 on it and probably won’t be buying a VAIO again

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tom153uk,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

You may find this thread of interest: Attention VGN-CS11 users and SONY!! Problem with FAN!

I suggest you contact Sony Vaio support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

tom153uk
Visitor

Hello, thank you for pointing out the other thread about the CS fan noise. I am also writing my dissertation thesis and can t concentrate on it in a quiet room because of the fan noise – it’s not the best experience considering its my first VAIO.

I will contact Sony about the fan and let’s hope they can fix it – or I’m selling it and getting a different laptop as the performance, keyboard etc (for writing for long periods of time) are brilliant – but the noise is just so very annoying!
I also have a feeling that after a year or so of the fan grinding away, it is likely that it will go wrong and overheat destroying my laptop – so I’m getting out while I can and selling it! shame really

Thanks for the reply
Tom