Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO VGN-NR10E Complete system recovery disks

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Barbz64
Visitor

Sony VAIO VGN-NR10E Complete system recovery disks

Hi Every One.   :wink:

My son gave me his Sony VAIO and like a good Dad he's asked to repair it. Well he's completely totalled the HDD by formatting. And seeing as though this is my first futile attempt at recovering this I am at a loss. The disks that he had are completely buggered, and there's no recovery partition. Is there a place I can download the complete set of system recovery disks? Or does any body have a spare set they no longer need.

Many Thanks In advance :laughing:

Ian :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ian,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

It may be worth starting your vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press  the F10 key repeatedly as this should start the recovery process, it's  worth a try just to be sure that the hidden HDD partition has been  formatted..:smileywink:

If the hidden HDD recovery partition is as you benn formateed then you can, if you wish, purchase a set of recovery discs from  Vaio support which should allow you to restore the original Vaio  supplied OS and applications..

You can find the contact details  for vaio support by either clicking  Support at the top of this page or  by using the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ian,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

It may be worth starting your vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press  the F10 key repeatedly as this should start the recovery process, it's  worth a try just to be sure that the hidden HDD partition has been  formatted..:smileywink:

If the hidden HDD recovery partition is as you benn formateed then you can, if you wish, purchase a set of recovery discs from  Vaio support which should allow you to restore the original Vaio  supplied OS and applications..

You can find the contact details  for vaio support by either clicking  Support at the top of this page or  by using the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then next Select Model..

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch.

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab, then Phone support.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Barbz64
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

Thanks for the reply. have done the F10 thing and no joy, it just says no operating system. Not even a C: Drive is visable. looks like a proper job on the formatting side of things.

If no one else can help with disks i'll ring them in the new year...

Merry Christmas

Ian

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome & a merry christmas to you too..:smileyhappy: