Join now - be part of our community!

Sound keeps dissapearing

len112
Visitor

Sound keeps dissapearing

i have a sony vaio Pcv rs704 with a recurrent problem with sound everything works normally then sound disappears , every type of sound cd , music file , system sounds . If i turn up the volume from the keyboard I can hear speaker hiss , so the speakers are working , also Itunes won't play at all ie the any music files won't run ( even though no sound , the progress indicator for file playing doesn't move ) while this sound problem persists . I can usually fix the problem with a reboot at which point system sounds return as the computer goes into shutdown so I think it might be a software conflict ,though this fault has persisted after several system reinstallations

16 REPLIES 16
VAIOFAN
Visitor

Yep i got PCV - RS502 and mine done the same thing as urs, Mine cuts out if i play 2 music files at the same time or if i open files to fast like put one film on qrick then change it fast.
Than the sound goes off!

So i have to reboot my computer switch on the sound.

But its not done it sence thow i like to no what ive done right because now i can play 2 music files at the same time.

Weird......

Paul

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I remember someone else having this, but I'm scratching my head to find the solution...

len112
Visitor

i have a sony vaio Pcv rs704  with a recurrent problem with sound everything works normally then sound disappears , every type of sound cd , music file , system sounds . If  i turn up the volume from the keyboard I can hear speaker hiss , so the speakers are working , also Itunes won't play at all ie the any music files won't run  ( even though no sound , the progress indicator for file playing doesn't move ) while this sound problem persists . I can usually fix the problem with a reboot at which point system sounds return as the computer goes into shutdown so I think it might be a software conflict ,though this fault has persisted after several system reinstallations

I continue to have this problem , when the sound dissappears I've noticed that windows media player video files won't run properly either , other than the total lack of sound the video playback it pauses and restarts and stops , does this perhaps narrow down the cause of the problem , please help

kee-lo_

Press ALT+CTRL+DEL and go to processes then double click on the CPU tab. Is wmplayer.exe using a lot of cycles?

VAIOFAN
Visitor

Im using Windows media player version 10 and i done what you said Kee Lo!

And i stuck on a movie on and i check my processes and it was on 3 of usage.

So mine wasnt bad!

Thanks for your help.

kee-lo_

Ahh I meant once Windows Media Player was closed (called a lingering process)

VAIOFAN
Visitor

sorry if i mis understood you, yeah your right Kee Lo, i closed down the program and its still running and using more usage! goes up to around about 15 approx! now i end the proccess!

Why is this happing?

Paul

kee-lo_

Usually bad codecs.
If you end the task do you get your sound back?

VAIOFAN
Visitor

Yeah, it happend tonight, i done what you said and the sound is back!

So now i dont have to restart my computer no more, hip heee:smileygrin:

Thanks mate,

Paul