Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to activate windows 7 home premium!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rickydw1990
Visitor

Unable to activate windows 7 home premium!

I purchased this sony vaio laptop a year ago with windows 7 home premium pre installed on the laptop, ive never used the software until now and when i go onto word it asks me to enter the product key which is on the bottom of my laptop so i do this and it tell me that its invalid, i have tried updating the software off the internet along with trial run yet im getting know where, can anyone please help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It is probably not Windows 7 but the Trial Version of Microsoft Office that is asking for a product key.  You need to look through your documentation that came with the Vaio to find the product key for the Microsoft Office 60 day trial.  Look for a hologrammed certificate on a card.

This is NOT the product key on the bottom of the Vaio which is for Windows 7.  The Sony version of Windows 7 does not require activation.

:wink:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It is probably not Windows 7 but the Trial Version of Microsoft Office that is asking for a product key.  You need to look through your documentation that came with the Vaio to find the product key for the Microsoft Office 60 day trial.  Look for a hologrammed certificate on a card.

This is NOT the product key on the bottom of the Vaio which is for Windows 7.  The Sony version of Windows 7 does not require activation.

:wink: