Join now - be part of our community!

Upgrade Sony Vaio all in one VPCL12M1E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
brwalke46
Visitor

Upgrade Sony Vaio all in one VPCL12M1E

Hi people. Basically im trying to establish if it is possible to upgrade this unit. basically im wondering if its possible to add an HDMI input such as the one on the VPCL14S1E

http://www.xpertseller.com/resources/1/images/CR/COM1041//DSCN9543.jpg

My unit is the same dimensions as the one pictured above, but all i have is the power supply slot, no video input or hdmi.

I just dont know how to go about it as i beleive the graphics card is soldered to the motherboard, the above unit also has a tv tuner card would this units hdmi come from that or the GPU. sorry if this is not the correct lingo as im a noob. any help would be great. :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Upgrades of this sort are not offered by Sony.

It is possible that a third party engineer may be able to do this if he could get the parts but I guess the price would be prohibitive - it is not just the HDMI socket and connections, it will be the whole swiching to use the screen as a monitor without booting the computer.

I doubt if anyone here has tried it.  Most will have bought the VPCL12S1E which has TV and HDMI-In as standard and will have been a far cheaper option.

As usual, many more people come here to ask for something than to give help.  As I said, I doubt if anyone here can help and it doesn't help to become impatient with people who are giving their time for free to try and help!!

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Upgrades of this sort are not offered by Sony.

It is possible that a third party engineer may be able to do this if he could get the parts but I guess the price would be prohibitive - it is not just the HDMI socket and connections, it will be the whole swiching to use the screen as a monitor without booting the computer.

I doubt if anyone here has tried it.  Most will have bought the VPCL12S1E which has TV and HDMI-In as standard and will have been a far cheaper option.

As usual, many more people come here to ask for something than to give help.  As I said, I doubt if anyone here can help and it doesn't help to become impatient with people who are giving their time for free to try and help!!

:thinking: