Join now - be part of our community!

Upgrading sound/graphics in RZ422P

Apehanger
Visitor

Upgrading sound/graphics in RZ422P

Ive just bought a RZ422P but dont like the onboard sound.

I have a creative live soundcard and creative 5.1 inspire speakers from my old pc.

Can I upgrade the sound to the creative live card?

Also want to eventually upgrade graphics card to 9800 pro, is this possible with the 300w PSU?

Thanks in advance

33 REPLIES 33
paddy_uk
Visitor

GeForce FX 5600 128 Mb will work as that's what I put in my brother's rig for him & he has a 300w PSU. Works fine.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

They're also a pretty good card.

Apehanger
Visitor

after reading several forums, i get the impression that the ati 9600pro or xt is better when comparing similar cards, any ideas on this?
and also anyone know if this runs on 300w psu

kee-lo_

The 9800 is like the big boy of graphics cards, it's the rolls royce, people drool when they see it. It will need a 500W PSU.

paddy_uk
Visitor

I think you'd run into probs with the 9600 as it's one of the higher end Radeon cards. The GF FX5600 256 Ultra is also a bit of a power sucker. The FX 5600 128 will do all the jobs that you ask of it & is well enough priced. The biggest problem you have is the 300W PSU which is a real limiter for your options. If you could change it to a higher wattage, you'd be able to pick & choose whatever card you wanted. I would be going for a PSU upgrade & GPU upgrade at the same time if I knew the PSU would fit.

kee-lo_

Yep that's the big problem with the VAIO desktop, the PSU's size.

Apehanger
Visitor

it cant be that big of a probelm to cahnge it can it?

paddy_uk
Visitor

That's the main thing that's been putting me off buying a Vaio Desktop, the crap gpu & small psu. :slight_frown:

kee-lo_

Tom,

Some of the newer desktops have better GPUs.

paddy_uk
Visitor

I'll have a good butchers through the complete desktop range Kee-Lo & see if anything suites mate. Would be nice to find the ideal ready-built, rather than always having to build my own.