Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Care update

profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

Vaio Care update

I have Vaio Care version 7.3.1.05290. I am getting a message "A new version of Vaio Care is available. Vaio Update cannot be used until it is updates. Do you want to update now?"

on answering affirmative the update attempts to download, but then comes-up with an error message that it failed to load, please try again later. My internet access is OK, and I've tried many times. What to do?

73 REPLIES 73
profile.country.en_GB.title
stchamp47
Explorer

I have Sony laptop VPCF11Z1E/Bl.  Win7 64 bit OS.

The latest VAIO Care update (installed 31 Dec 2012) has really messed up my machine.  It disabled the proprietary ASSIST button and others too.  Left me without access to VAIO Care program even in Start menu.  Restoring to an earlier retsore point didn't help.  Had to roll back whole partition to a month ago.  The fault lies with Sony.  We need advice.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Vaio001
Visitor

Same version and same problem still.

In my case Vaio Update 6.1.1 - 6.1.1.10250 (Method VAU) failed to update two times and,

Vaio Care 8.1 Updater Twin 8.1.0.10120 (Method VSSU) failed to update six times.

These two updates are 0000279742.exe and 0000281090.exe, respectively.

Can't find them among the regular DL-able updates.

Where can You find and manually DL these files?

jakir.hussain
Visitor

Hi i am having the same problem mine is downloading i can see the downloading circle on icon but it has been downloading for hours/days and when i try to open vaio care by clicking on the icon it comes with the following message

'' cannot launch Vaio update because it is being updated to new version

just to let you know it is still downloading how will this get fixed?

my laptop spec is VPCEB4C5E RUNNING ON INTEL CORE I3 WINDOWS 7

Message was edited by: jakir.hussain

Message was edited by: jakir.hussain

djbcatlett
New

Have been having the same problem, so after reading this thread I added VAIO Update to my Windows 8 Firewall, as it was missing from the exceptions list. McAfee had already added it and I didn't need to make any changes there. It appears to have completed the update now, rather than just sitting and downloading. Will update soon.

profile.country.fi_FI.title
joukil
Visitor

Hi, I also had the problem with Vaio Update, which was solved by adding Vaio Update to to the Windows firewall + my antivirus exceptions lists . So now I'm able to see the update history. The list reveals a new mystery.

I have lost Vaio Care all together. From the download history I can see that I had Care when I purchased Vaio some two months ago. Care had been updated on the next day after the purchase date. Vaio doesn't recognize Care from Start up, Assist button or from Control Panel / remove programs. There are only two small text files left in the original Sony installation folder.

My Vaio is SVE1511A1EW, Windows 7 HP Sp1, Bios R0190E5. Over the Christmas-New Year season I have hard tried to locate a download file from the Sony pages with no success. By using Google search I have succeeded to find several download pages which clain to have a Care driver for my model. For the moment I have been hesitant to install those.

Please, does enyone have any suggestions what I should do next. Sony download pages seem to have been partially disconnected during the holiday season. Thanks !

profile.country.en_IE.title
redstar
Visitor

i also have the same problem with the vaio update, i tried updating many times but times out.. my machine is SVE1712C5E running windows 8 and is customised by sony..  ( its 1 day old) paid a lot for it, so i expect good support for it.... the quality of the web cam seems to be very poor even though it meant to have a HD camera. I also have VGN-CR21Z/R  the web cam quality is much better on that laptop this new 1..

Message was edited by: redstar

profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

I finally got my VAIO updated to Vaio Care 8.1.0.101.20, by doing it manually!

My VPCCB4C5E had been trying in vain to update Vaio Care 7.3.1.05290 automatically, without success. I had tried it at all times of day and night, with and without Security suite disabled.

Then I found another thread on this site about the same problem, where Sony Community Manager had given a link to Vaio Care update 8,1. That update downloaded via browser without any problem, and seems to have installed itself OK. I now have Vaio Care verrsion 8.1.0.101.20; my problem seems to be solved for the moment.

It seems to me that someone at Sony has not but the Vaio Care update into the correct directory on Sony's server; Sony needs to correct that issue, so that automatic updates work as they should!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi barrynb,

Can you please provide a link to the thread or post where this ‘Sony Community Manager’ has given a link to Vaio Care update 8,1?

Thanks,
Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

...Was it this?

http://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-Announcements/VAIO-Care-8-1-has-been-released/td-p/43137

If so this has not been released by Sony Europe and may not be applicable to EU models - only an auto update has been released for EU models.. If anyone else is thinking of taking the same route please read the following but bear in mind that this patch is not supported by Sony EU...

Please take note of the following upgrade scenarios to successfully install the patch:

1.VAIO Care 7.x -> VAIO Care 7.3.0 -> VAIO Update 5.7.1 -> VAIO Care 7.3.1 -> VAIO Care 8.1
2.VAIO Care 7.x -> VAIO Care 7.3.0 -> VAIO Update 5.7.1 -> VAIO Care 8.1
3.VAIO Care 7.x -> VAIO Care 7.3.0 -> VAIO Update 6.1.x -> VAIO Care 8.1
4.VAIO Care 8.0 (Windows 8 Upgrade) -> VAIO Care 8.1

We are still awaiting a response from EU Support on this issue.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
RicktheRocketeer
Visitor

Got the same problem with my vaio SVE1511W1EB.

It downloads the care update but then nothing happens.

This morning got a message: 'cannot update, please try later'