Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Care update

profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

Vaio Care update

I have Vaio Care version 7.3.1.05290. I am getting a message "A new version of Vaio Care is available. Vaio Update cannot be used until it is updates. Do you want to update now?"

on answering affirmative the update attempts to download, but then comes-up with an error message that it failed to load, please try again later. My internet access is OK, and I've tried many times. What to do?

73 REPLIES 73
clemmoo
New

The download does not automatically instal,go to downloads on your computer where you will find it after downloading.

Right click on this to drop the menu and then left click on run as administrator and the download will complete the installation.

flannybhoy67
Explorer

When I load up Vaio Care and go to Recovery & Restore it just shows me 1 option in the Recovery part, it is Install Applications and Drivers.  Why is there no Create Recovery Disk?

Maedschen
New

Same problem here. I have a VPCSE1C5E, "unable to download updates". I also get constant pop up message that "VCSystem tray has stopped working" and had read that Vaio Care needs to update to stop that message coming up. But as I said, this update is not possible. Please advise what to do.

Thanks

josh_123
New

Try doing the download during off peak hours. I had the same download problem, but starting the download at 7am UK time resulted in a successful download.

profile.country.en_GB.title
sickofchoosinganame
Explorer

same here... been going on for nearly a year and seemingly no resolution, very poor service from Sony.

canarymight
Explorer

My icon for Vaio updates has either been deleted or has just vanished from the desktop. There is a small blank in the space it used to be. Each time I log on I get a message saying the last update could not be installed and I might have problems with opening Vaio. I have tried to use restore points but these will not work and I can only use very recent restore points. Any suggestions about where I can find the icon or how I can check for vaio updates?

I am not very technical as a computer user so would be grateful for help that takes this into account!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi canarymight,

I suggest you reinstall the original version of Vaio Update. This will be available on the support page for your model under the pre-installed drivers and software. You haven’t given your Model Name so I can’t provide a link but if you click the support tab at the top of this page and then enter your Model Name it will take you to available downloads. If you are unsure of the model name then you will find this in Vaio Control Center > System Information.

Once the original utility is installed and you try to run it you will be prompted to update. Hopefully it will then update successfully.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
canarymight
Explorer

Hi,  rich912, and thanks for the reply.

When I do what you suggest I am offered a range of items to download (my model is VGN-NS11J, with Vista), but I don't know which I should download. None of them gives a 2014 date. Most relate to 2009 and one, to 2013. When I log in and get the 'You should install the last update' sign and then can't install it, it doesn't specify what this is called. Should I go for all of them or will this bring about mayhem on my computer, do you think?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi canarymight,

Despite what I previously posted it seems that the originally installed version of Vaio Update is not available for download for the VGN-NS11J. There is a manual update available however and the version seems to be the same for both Vista and Win 7 - 16.02 Mb - 32 / 64 bit
10-06-2010.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000221850_5126/VGN-NS11J

I’m not sure whether this will work as it seems that VU version 3, 4 or 5 is a requirement. However, the install instructions suggest that if VU version 3 is installed you must first remove this via Add/Remove Programs so hopefully if you no longer have any version of the program installed the update will install.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
canarymight
Explorer

Dear Rich - many thanks for telling me about the manual installation. I have just done it and an icon has returned so it looks as if everything is as it ought to be again. Very clear instructions were extremely helpful.