Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio care/utility update for PCV-W2 - link please

profile.country.en_GB.title
castara0
Visitor

Vaio care/utility update for PCV-W2 - link please

Hi, have inherited  an old PCV-W2 all in one PC & have been trying for days on Google  & Vaio support, to find the latest Vaio CareUpdate 6.4,  without sucess !

I've logged in to Sony Support with model no. but there is only two manual downloads available for this model & no mention of a Vaio Care/Utility download. Really frustrated searching now, so will really appreciate it if someone can send me a link for this, as really need to update the old drivers,  :cry:

Message was edited by: castara0

Message was edited by: castara0

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi castara0 and welcome.

The PCV-W2 is an old, legacy model and cannot run Vaio Care.  Vaio Care is only available for Vaios released with Windows 7 installed.

What Operating System are you running?  Sony only support XP on this model and there are only very few update downloads available on the download pages for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/PCV-W2

If there is nothing on this page, then there are no updates available from Sony.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
castara0
Visitor

Hello & thank you for your qiuck response !

It's sad  being old but it runs beautifully - just like me :wink:

I've now checked the link you kindly supplied & there are only two  download updates but for some peculiar reason, the website won't allow me to download them, even on another computer - typical Sony, make things as complicated as possible for customers !  :devil: 's

I've no resorted to downloading Drivermax to update the drivers & so far most of them work okay.

Don't know if there is an archive file somewhere on the web for the older updates as I'm pretty sure Sony are unlkely to provide for 'old' customers ? :laughing:

Many thanks again for your assistance, Regards, Ita