Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Control Centre missing from SVE1513A4E running WIn 10 Home 64 bit version 1803

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

Vaio Control Centre missing from SVE1513A4E running WIn 10 Home 64 bit version 1803

This machine was upgraded to Win 10 64 Home many months ago, and up until very recently I had VCC installed as the battery meter was showing 70% charged (a setting in VCC to extend battery life).  Cannot be sure when the change occurred, (probably only during the last week) but battery meter now shows 100% charged and I have no Vaio software installed, no Vaio Care, No Vaio Control Centre, nothing. Any ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

Just in case it helps anyone else, I have resolved the issue, i.e. restored VAIO Control Centre to full working order, by installing the Sony Shared Library, Sony Firmware Extension Parser and Vaio Control Centre software indicated as Win 8.1 (64-bit). on the Sony support website.  Be aware though that these downloads are specific to machine range. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @DrMopp

Are you sure the Vaio software is missing and not just hidden? It's possible this happened during the W10 update.

Maybe check in All Programs and see if it's there?

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

Thanks for reply but definitely all gone, not listed in Apps and Features or in All Programs. Also searched C drive for 'Vaio' and found nothing. Question now is are these utilities available from anywhere? Nothing on Sony Support site.

Just to be clear it  was not the W10 upgrade that was responsible as it had been upgraded a long time ago and all was good, however the latest WIndows 'April Update' to version 1803 is the most likely reason.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, have you asked tech support about this yet? You can contact them here

profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

Thanks, I have already been in contact with support and awaiting full response. Initial reaction was that VAIO software may not be compatible with Win 10.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully you'll hear back from them soon. Please share the outcome here in case other forum members may run into something similar in future.

profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

Answer from Tech Support was that there are no VAIO tools (Care, Control Centre, Gate) qualified for Windows 10 for this machine, but that some functions in the latest version may work whilst others would not.  I intend to try (re)installing the version of Control Centre for Windows 8.1 and see what happens. (after full backup of course!) I will report back shortly.

profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

OK tried that, just get the message 'A newly (?) version is already installed n your computer. Installation is stopped" fed back to tech support but don't hold out much hope of a solution.

profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

Final Sony support response is that VAIO Control Centre is not supported in Windows 10 on this machine. 

profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

Just in case it helps anyone else, I have resolved the issue, i.e. restored VAIO Control Centre to full working order, by installing the Sony Shared Library, Sony Firmware Extension Parser and Vaio Control Centre software indicated as Win 8.1 (64-bit). on the Sony support website.  Be aware though that these downloads are specific to machine range.