Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio PCG-71911M no internet access with broadband stick

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
ruthsu88
Visitor

Vaio PCG-71911M no internet access with broadband stick

Hi, i just bought a vaio pcg-71711m laptop and a meteor broadband stick. Everytime i try to connect to the internet a box pops up saying 'no internet access'. The problem isnt with the stick as i tried it in another laptop and it works fine.And it will connect to the internet through wi-fi. I called the broadband provider and they said the stick was working fine and that the problem is most likely with the network settings, can anyone help?please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Firstly, can you find the correct model - you will not find any support or downloads in the future from Sony if you use an invalid model type.  You are probably quoting the chassis number which is shared by several different models.  Look on the screen surround or the box - the correct model type will start VPCExxxxxx.

I guess you are using Windows 7 64-bit on your new Vaio and I bet you are using a different, older OS on the laptop that worked.  It sounds to me like the USB stick is not compatible with Windows 7 and the IPv6 internet protocol.

Have a look and see if anything here helps: -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056020211

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Firstly, can you find the correct model - you will not find any support or downloads in the future from Sony if you use an invalid model type.  You are probably quoting the chassis number which is shared by several different models.  Look on the screen surround or the box - the correct model type will start VPCExxxxxx.

I guess you are using Windows 7 64-bit on your new Vaio and I bet you are using a different, older OS on the laptop that worked.  It sounds to me like the USB stick is not compatible with Windows 7 and the IPv6 internet protocol.

Have a look and see if anything here helps: -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056020211

:thinking: