Join now - be part of our community!

vaio programs gone

profile.country.en_GB.title
Thecreator007
Visitor

vaio programs gone

recently my compter stopped work and i had to resore it. when i had all my programs had gone, i reinstalled most of them but dont know how to do this with sony programs such as vaio care, gate etc. please could someone help me download them again.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Thecreator007 and welcome.

You have fallen into the trap of using the Windows Restore option. This wipes your hard drive and reinstalls Windows without any of the preinstalled software which will be lost and cannot be replaced as the programs are not available for download. There should be a glaring health warning displayed before you choose to use this option.

The only ways to get them back are: -

1. Return your Vaio to factory settings - as long as the Recovery Area on the hard drive has not been destroyed. You don't tell us your Vaio Model so I cannot be absolutely specific but try this. Close down your Vaio completely. While fully shut down, press the 'ASSIST' button and Vaio Care Rescue Mode should open. Choose Recovery and Maintenance and follow the on-screen instructions for a Full Recovery to factory settings. Back up your data first.

2. Return your Vaio to factory settings using the Recovery Discs you created when the Vaio was new (as prompted to do so by Vaio Care). Put disc 1 into the DVD drive and reboot. The system will boot from the disc and offer you Vaio Care Rescue Mode. You did make Recovery Discs?

3. If the Hard Drive recovery area is destroyed and you did not made Recovery Discs, the only way to get your Vaio back to factory settings is to buy a replacement Recovery Disc set from Vaio Support. I believe the cost is about £50.

Many drivers are available for download on the support page for your Vaio.

:thinking: