Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Recovery Utility.

kornel
Visitor

Vaio Recovery Utility.

Hi there!

After I bought my VGN-S3XP I deleted the partitions to reinstall my company licence WinXP. I created recovery disks, but I deleted the recovery partition.

So. After the install I wanted to install the original applications (it is on the application recovery disk). BUT I DON'T HAVE the software to do it. It is called: Vaio Recovery Utility. Maybe ot was stored on the recovery partition I deleted.
Of course, the Vaio Support Site contains only update for this software, but the original full software can be find nowhere.

So.. If anyone has got this application in install file or has got any idea for this problem, please send me the solution.

Thanks a lot, in addition

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

It schould be two DVDs, the second of them should contain the applications.

William
Visitor

If you made your recovery disks successfully then the disks will restore your Vaio to the same as when you received it.

If they are like mine (CD's) then individual applications are not accessible.

kornel
Visitor

Unfortunately it doesn't contain it. I examined each folders on this cd. There isn't.So I can boot my computer from CD, but it can recovery only the full system. I don't want to do it. I need only the windows application (Vaio Recovery Utility) that can reinstall from the application recovery disk that great stuffs)

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Try installing the pre-installed utilities (downloadable from Vaio Link) – this may reinstate the Vaio Recovery Utility.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
kornel
Visitor

No.. It doesn't contains.

I tried several things to reinstall it. I tried everything. There are no chance unless finding this softwre in standalone install file or directory.

I scanned several support ftp servers, websites, pre-installed utilities of other models, so on..

I wrorte to the e-support, but there is no response.

Would anyone check his own notebook's C partition? Maybe the original state contains this installer.

kornel
Visitor

I mean C:\utils

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Try installing the pre-installed utilities (downloadable from Vaio Link)

Have you tried this?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
kornel
Visitor

yes!

the pre-installed utils don't contains vaio recovery utility:smileysad:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

have a look at this Sony guide for installing your own copy of XP + applications.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat