Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio support problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
johnfinlayson
Visitor

Vaio support problem

When I first found this site I thought it was a spoof with 'Make believe' a perfect logo,. In my experience Sony Vaio repair support is pure make believe. I sent off my vaio with a broken screen frame in October, on the assurance that the turnaround was five days. It is now Christmas Day and I still have not had a satisfactory outcome.

Here is their latest missive:

Dear Mr. Finlayson,

Thank you for your  reply.

I understand that you want to escalate the case  to a higher level.

Kindly be advised that there is nothing we can  do as long as the repair center does not acknowledge any

damage caused by  them.

I am very sorry for any  inconvenience.

Should you have any further questions or  inquiries, please feel free to reply to this email or contact us on

the numbers below:

VAIO in warranty: 0870 240  2408

VAIO out of warranty: 0905 0310006 (35p/min plus  network charges)

Our lines are open 8 am to 6 pm Monday to  Friday

Regards,

Zeyad Salem

Sony VAIO-Link Support Team

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi johnfinlayson,

wecome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I'm slightly confused, easily done..

I sent off my vaio with a broken screen frame in October

Was this the original repair..

Kindly be advised that there is nothing we can  do as long as the repair center does not acknowledge any

damage caused by them.

Or is this a for a repair for possible damage caused during the repair process..:smileyconfused:

Do you have a case number.?

johnfinlayson
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Merry Christmas! Thank you for responding. All the timings below are approximate

• Sony Ref: 4988776 [Case ID #: 317396]
  • Vaio sent off early October with broken frame and hinges, estimated turnaround of 5 days
  • I was notified, by phone, that there would be a delay
  • After 3 weeks I called to be informed of the charge, I paid immediately.
  • After another week I called and was told  that my laptop was on a van to be delivered
  • 3 days later I was informed there was a problem with the mouse pad and I would have to pay an extra charge for that; i paid immediately
  • 10 days later I was informed of the charge, I paid immediately.
  • approx 6 weeks after I sent off my laptop, it was returned
  • The frame around the screen had not been attached correctly and was flexing away from screen
  • I complained and sent back the laptop.
  • several weeks later my laptop was returned with:
  1. a scratch on the body in front of the mouse pad
  2. All my data erased
  3. serious hardware issues necessitating several reboots during the start up  procedure

I have had several conversations with very sympathetic call handlers but no apology from the repair centre, no explanation and no recompense. I travel a great deal and originally sent off my laptop during a quiet spell. Because of the delays I found it necessary to buy a substitute laptop to use on my travels abroad.

If you feel that you have the authority to address my complaints I am very happy to continue the dialogue; but if you fell you have not I intend to escalate it to the BBC watchdog in the next few days.

Kind regards,

John F.

johnfinlayson
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Any news?

J

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

not as yet but I wouldn't expect anything until after the silly season ends..:smileywink:

johnfinlayson
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

The 'silly season' must be over by now, the weather has improved (the other favourite) - any news from Sony repairs?

Best wishes,

J

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi John,

Let me see what I can find out..:smileyconfused:

johnfinlayson
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

I've only just rediscovered my thread.

I was contacted on Friday, by phone, offering to take away my laptop to mend the scratches. I mentioned the scratches were a minor issue and please address my entire complaint. I was offered a 50gbp voucher to spend in the shop, which I refused. When asked what would satisfy me I asked for 50% of my next VAIO purchase, because I had lost all faith in my present, unreliable, notebook.

On Monday I had the same phone call and re explained my position.Since then I have heard nothing.

Were these phone calls instigated by you? I would like to think so!

If they were perhaps you could encourage them to make up their mind about my proposal, so I can move on or move on up.

Kind regards,

John F.

anagupta
Visitor

This attitude is not new.

They have a design flaw in the way screen touches the keyboard/mouse and refuse to acknowledge the same.

Also claim this is not a "known issue" despite people posting on forums external and internal!!

A big waste of money to buy Sony. I'll be stopping all my purchase requests for Sony with this poor attitude.

Best of luck to you.