Join now - be part of our community!

Issues with Vaio Care update 6.4.1.05290

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sussexlad68
Visitor

Issues with Vaio Care update 6.4.1.05290

Hi guys

At last I received the latest patch of Vaio Care that would hopefully sort out the ongoing issues that I have experienced for the last couple of months. So....using Vaio Update I installed this latest patch (6.4.1.05290) which downloaded successfully and this was confirmed on the control panel. 'Brilliant'....I thought! 'At long last this issue seems to be resolved'. Until.....I ran Vaio Care, and yet again it proceeded to update itself with a previous version (6.3.09020).

This issue has been going on since the relase of Vaio Care version number 6.4.01530 in the middle of April. Sony recognised that there was a problem and I really thought that with the release of this new patch they might have sorted it out. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Vaio Care and Vaio Update from previous factory versions in an attempt to resolve this. Nothing seems to have worked!

As a last resort I called Sony support today (at great expense!!) They initially told me that I should do a complete system recovery which I told them I was not prepared to do! They are now looking into the problem and said they would get back to me. If I hear anything I will let you know. In the meantime I should be grateful if anyone else is experiencing these problems, they let me know.

Cheers

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sussexlad68
Visitor

OK, have just downloaded the latest version of Vaio Update  (5.4.1.04200) and it appears to have fixed the Vaio Care Issue!!!

I received a telephone call at the end of last week from Sony Support and they informed me that once this new version was released and downloaded it should resolve any issues.

Rob

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know how you get on.

Anyone else with this problem?

:thinking:

grogpoove
New

Yes, I installed 6.4.1.05290 when prompted - although it took a number of download attempts as it kept crashing, shades of old modem days - and it works just as well as previous versions did; but like the April update it insists on constantly trying to re-install itself every time I run the system check.  I have confirmed it is the new version in Control Panel.  

This is just a nuisance.  I hope it can be fixed for good real soon now.

Rob

sussexlad68
Visitor

Thanks for your replies guys. Interesting what you say Rob...exactly the same thing is happening to me. Its not a huge thing but it is a real pain. I really do wish Sony would take this seriously and admit that there is a problem with their software!!

Can you confirm Rob whether Vaio Care tries to update to a previous version. Mine tries to reload version 6.3.0.09020.

Rob

sussexlad68
Visitor

OK, well I've just contacted Vaio Link again regarding this problem and their official response (at the moment) is to do a total factory restore!!! Not exactly satisfactory, I feel!! I have had my Vaio for approx a year and have already had 4 issues with Sony software. Even after taking this drastic step, I have no confidence that this will cure any future problems.

If anyone has any better ideas regarding this issue then please let me know. I suspect that the registry probably needs a bit of tinkering.

Rob

profile.country.en_IE.title
Damo23
New

Hi Guys,

I have the same issues as ye have had, Only my VPC-EB4C5E is only 4 weeks old and I have already done a system restore due to a crash and slow down of system, not very happy about it but it seems to have fixed the slowness of the system, only for the Vaio update issue,

ISSUE = Vaio Care 6.4.1.05290 downloaded after a few crashes and installed successful, however every time I checked Vaio updates through Vaio care it tells me that new downloads are ready and downloads Vaio care 6.3.09020 (older version) and then wants to install it,restart and restart,and restart,,,,,, you know what I mean,,,,,,

Its only a small thing, but at this early stage in the computer life its driving me mad grouped with the restore,

Can anyone please help me or have a solution to this stuiped issue,,,

Thanks in advance,,,

Damo

LuvMySony
Visitor

You know what, Sony is not even employing the best software developers out there to maintain these type of applications, such applications like Vaio care and the likes are secondary applications as oppose to the primary ones you get with Microsoft Window 7, everything you're able to do with Vaio Care you will be able to do exactly the same in 'Control Panel' apart from small time issues such as the setting of screen brightness, Backlight Keyboard setting etc. which doesn't need a software update anyway.

If you ever used Toshiba laptops for a while you would know what I mean, my last laptop before this Sony Vaio S series which cost me almost £1000 was a Toshiba Satellite Pro which I used for 6 years all the utilities and software that are developed by Toshiba itself had no form of update or what-so-ever you continue to use what you get, with the only exception of the Bios of course, and I guess this is a good thing because you get to know the in's and out of every detail in the software, rather than being shifted every now and again to a different user interface that takes you a while to understand and by the time you understood it, you get confronted by another update thus, another user interface.

profile.country.hu_HU.title
madve78
Visitor

Hi,

Same issue on VPCF22M1E/B: :angry:

"ISSUE = Vaio Care 6.4.1.05290 downloaded after a few crashes and  installed successful, however every time I checked Vaio updates through  Vaio care it tells me that new downloads are ready and downloads Vaio  care 6.3.09020 (older version) and then wants to install it,restart and  restart,and restart,,,,,, you know what I mean,,,,,,"

And sometimes stop to working... :cry:

vaio_care_stop_working.png

Best wishes!

Gabor Varga

Message was edited by: madve78

Message was edited by: madve78

grogpoove
New

Sorry for delay - in fact I am reloading 05290 as far as I can see, that is certainly what is running just now when I have rechecked.  I agree I don't want to rebuild the whole computer, and this shouldn't require it.  BTW this is a VPCS13C5E.

I expect we are just going to have to wait a few more months.

Rob

davefood
Visitor

I to have a very similar problem.

Have uninstalled Vaio Care 6.4.1, where can i get a reinstall file from?

Regards

Dave