Join now - be part of our community!

Issues with Vaio Care update 6.4.1.05290

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sussexlad68
Visitor

Issues with Vaio Care update 6.4.1.05290

Hi guys

At last I received the latest patch of Vaio Care that would hopefully sort out the ongoing issues that I have experienced for the last couple of months. So....using Vaio Update I installed this latest patch (6.4.1.05290) which downloaded successfully and this was confirmed on the control panel. 'Brilliant'....I thought! 'At long last this issue seems to be resolved'. Until.....I ran Vaio Care, and yet again it proceeded to update itself with a previous version (6.3.09020).

This issue has been going on since the relase of Vaio Care version number 6.4.01530 in the middle of April. Sony recognised that there was a problem and I really thought that with the release of this new patch they might have sorted it out. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Vaio Care and Vaio Update from previous factory versions in an attempt to resolve this. Nothing seems to have worked!

As a last resort I called Sony support today (at great expense!!) They initially told me that I should do a complete system recovery which I told them I was not prepared to do! They are now looking into the problem and said they would get back to me. If I hear anything I will let you know. In the meantime I should be grateful if anyone else is experiencing these problems, they let me know.

Cheers

Rob

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I have  this morning received a reply to my enquiry on the situation regarding this problem made to Sony.  It was a Bank Holiday weekend in mainland Europe.

Vaio Support acknowledge there is a problem and are urgently working on providing a solution.

Watch this space???

:thinking:

sussexlad68
Visitor

OK, have just downloaded the latest version of Vaio Update  (5.4.1.04200) and it appears to have fixed the Vaio Care Issue!!!

I received a telephone call at the end of last week from Sony Support and they informed me that once this new version was released and downloaded it should resolve any issues.

Rob

grogpoove
New

Agree problem now gone away.  Many tks your efforts to bring this to Sony.

Rob

profile.country.en_IE.title
Damo23
New

Hi All,

The update seems to have partially worked, however for me the Vaio update icon is still active in the (show hidden icons) menu even do there are no updates required, ??

I have tried to hide the icon  by customizing, however still no good, Any Ideas :thinking:

profile.country.en_IE.title
Damo23
New

Please see attached,