Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio SVP1321C5E Vaio Update

SOLVED
giinglevaio
Explorer

Vaio SVP1321C5E Vaio Update

Hello,
I've had my laptop for a couple of days now, and whenever I try to acess Vaio Update I recieve this message

'You have arrived at this page because VAIO Update does not recognize your VAIO.
This may be a temporary problem with the VAIO Update server.'
I have registered my product on my account, and on there it states that Vaio Update may not be supported in the UK for my product.
I have tried updating the laptop manually using the support website, but the WLAN driver update, for example, causes the driver to stop working, and so the update package cannot be extracted and applied.
How can I reslove this issue? I don't understand why both Vaio Update and Manual Updates won't work.
Thanks. :slight_smile:

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Joe, welcome.

Have you tried it in the last two days?  As Geoff has reported above, Sony say this issue has been fixed.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
stampo
Explorer

Well after several weeks, the vaio update finally worked for the first time today.

There is mention in another thread that a fix to the update software was being worked on, so it looks like they've sorted it at their end.

Nick

Ps I do have this exact model number

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi giinglevaio and welcome to the Sony User Community.

There have been some problems with the Vaio Servers recently which have caused this problem.

Try at quiet times of day (early morning or late at night) but if this does not work in the next few days, I would call Vaio Support and explain your problem.

There is an updated WiFi driver for your model.  Have you installed it?  I don't know if this will help but it may be worth installing manually from here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVP1321C5E/updates

I had an e-mail from Sony support this morning to say issues with the VAIO update service had just been resolved.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks for the update geoffc1960 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

koop79
Explorer

Hi, I have had the same problem since I received my laptop. It cannot be a problem with the server demand as I have tried many times over the past few weeks. My product is registered.

Please help...

Thanks

Joe

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Joe, welcome.

Have you tried it in the last two days?  As Geoff has reported above, Sony say this issue has been fixed.

koop79
Explorer

Hello, yes I tried it since and just now and its still giving the same message for me. I must have tried approx 15 times at different times of day over last 3 weeks.

Any ideas?

I have not altered the laptop in anyway.....

Thanks

Joe

Sgate69
Explorer

Same problem here... Vaio Update just won't find any updates (I've tried to find updates numerous times in the last week).
Black.Dave
Explorer

I have the same problem and only bought my vaio 5 days ago! I am soooo upset about this... the fan noise is just unbelievable...this is my 4th vaio in 6 years and this is what I get! This could seriously demage my brand loyalty!

profile.country.GB.title
stampo
Explorer

Well after several weeks, the vaio update finally worked for the first time today.

There is mention in another thread that a fix to the update software was being worked on, so it looks like they've sorted it at their end.

Nick

Ps I do have this exact model number