Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update Internal server error

SOLVED
MarioM2013
Explorer

Vaio Update Internal server error

Hi all,

I bought my Vaio SVL2413Z1E recently and since day 1 was completely unable to use VAIO UPDATE.

I get a very strange "

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

Has anyone seen this type of error?  Any help available?

Thanks,

M

53 REPLIES 53
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MarioM2013,

I’m pleased to have been of help and very pleased that EVENTUALLY Vaio Update is working for you.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
nuno83bs
New

I´m having the very same problem. Can it be for the same reason? Bought my Vaio last week.

Thanks in advance for thr help.

leferdi24
Explorer

Same here.... One one of my Vaio don't even have a download page
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi nuno83bs and Ieferdi24,

The problem has been passed to a Sony contact who will hopefully be able to have your serial numbers added to the server within a short period of time. If I hear anything further I will post again in this thread.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
leferdi24
Explorer

:smileyhappy:Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The Sony contact that this has been passed to is out of the office today and Tuesday so it will be Wednesday at the earliest before we hear anything.

Rich 

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I’m informed that serial numbers for all three machines should be registered with the database some time before the end of this week. Keep trying intermittently and let us know when it works.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Caths-VAIO
Explorer

I reported this to Sony a couple of weeks ago (early March 2014) and was advised to reinstall Vaio update but this didn't help. I must follow this up now.
aleconwa
Explorer

interesting to note that you guys have issues with Vaio Update - and that there is another similar issue thread (which describes my problem exactly)

- are they linked?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Caths-VAIO wrote:
I reported this to Sony a couple of weeks ago (early March 2014) and was advised to reinstall Vaio update but this didn't help. I must follow this up now.

Hi Caths-VAIO,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

You have been incorrectly advised..:smileyshocked:

The 500 Internal Server error normally appears when your Vaio's serial number has not be added to the server..