Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update Internal server error

SOLVED
MarioM2013
Explorer

Vaio Update Internal server error

Hi all,

I bought my Vaio SVL2413Z1E recently and since day 1 was completely unable to use VAIO UPDATE.

I get a very strange "

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

Has anyone seen this type of error?  Any help available?

Thanks,

M

53 REPLIES 53
cohprog
Explorer

Hello,

I have the same problem with a custom built Flip 13A that I received a couple of weeks ago.

Phone / Email support still hasn't fixed the issue even with the link to this thread that I sent them (They just asked me to re-install Vaio Support software and then re-install the whole computer to factory default).

Could someone please do whatever magic is needed to add the serial number of my computer ?

Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi cohprog,

This has been passed to a Sony contact who will hopefully arrange for your serial number to be added to the database - this usually takes up to five working days. Keep trying intermittently and let us know when it works.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

@Caths-VAIO wrote:
I reported this to Sony a couple of weeks ago (early March 2014) and was advised to reinstall Vaio update but this didn't help. I must follow this up now.

Hi Caths-Vaio,

Your problem has also been passed to a Sony contact - hopefully it will work for you some time next week.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Caths-VAIO,

According to my contact your serial number has been added to the server. If you are still experiencing problems then the cause must lay elsewhere. Can you please confirm whether or not Vaio Update is working for you or not? If it is working then presumably your serial number was added between Monday and today.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi cohprog,

I've been informed that your serial number has been added to the server. Can you please confirm that Vaio Update

is now working.

Thanks,

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cohprog
Explorer

Hello,

Yes, it's working now, thanks a lot !

Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Excellent, thanks for letting us know:smileyhappy:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
daniel0487
Explorer

Hi Rich,

i've the same problem. Please upload my serial number.

Thanks a lot!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi daniel0487,

A request has been made.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
daniel0487
Explorer

Dear Rich,

thanks a lot. I will wait 3 days and hope that i can use the software than.

When i take a view on the Updates of my Notebook on your website (SVF1532C5E) there is only 1 update for Windows 8.1 (user guide). My notebook has been rolled out with windows 8.1 and there is no other one. Is this corect or is this an error? Other (older) VAIO NB's have much more updates on your website.

Excuse my bad english!

Best regards

Daniel